Why don't corps play cadence while passing in review?

Does anyone remember the cadence from "L'Offensive Lions de Jonquière" way back when?

Now that was quite a production!

Was that the one played on thier super sized bass drum line. 8 Drums I think. I do kinda.

A few corps trooped the stands, quietly, at Cedarburg. I recall Troop, Madison and SoA (which is when I noticed their big bass drum is a roulette wheel :thumbup: There may have been others - but those were top in my mind. I like it because it is another chance to stand up for the kids - and let them see the appreciation.

Pioneer played themselves off the field but didn't troop the stands.

Interesting - my niece asked me why they all played the standard bass drum hit when they left the field - she said it was boring. Told her to wait for Cavaliers.

Simple... Because it would impede on the next corps pre-show. Pre-show has quickly become just as much a part of the performance as the judged part.

Your avator makes me want to go watch Gran Torino.

Now get off my porch.

They used to, but I assumed it was not to impede the following corps. I agree though, it's something they should continue doing.

Its not interfering with the oncomomg corps, or the pit. management just does not give a crap anymore. Its all slam bam thank you mam these days

• Like 1

Simple... Because it would impede on the next corps pre-show. Pre-show has quickly become just as much a part of the performance as the judged part.

Sorry but I don't buy this...usually the pre-show hasn't started yet while corps are leaving the field...the pits are busy loading/unloading, but the next corps is usually just coming on to the field and may be in the process of getting set up, but is not ready to begin, the pre-show. Now if the exiting corps stopped and PLAYED to the stands instead of just trooping them as they leave the field, that would be a different animal. Also, from the admittedly small number of this year's corps that I've seen on FN, it looks like noticably fewer corps are doing a pre-show this year.