Kalamazoo hullabaloo

So I am guessing both SCV and Bluecoats will not put in their planned changes either and just take off the rest of the season. :)

In all seriousness, I see Bluecoats passing Phantom but I can't see Scouts passing Bluecoats. Also, don't think for one minute that the Cavaliers are going to roll over and play dead for the rest of the year. The Scouts are 3.5 off the Coats and only 1.6 over Cavaliers at Kalamazoo (and 1 only one point over Spirit)..

What has a better chance of happening? Cavies or Spirit passing Madison or Madison passing SCV and Bluecoats?

We all have our opinions. That's why there are judges. I didn't say the other corps would roll over for Madison. I feel that the Scouts will bring it to the others and earn their spot and don't believe tha 5th is out of the realm of possibility. That's all.

• Like 1

I agree...Madison is HOT and they are getting better and better. Yes, other corps make changes, too...but you are forgetting who is running the Scouts! Their changes won't be insignificant.... We will see in Minneapolis.

• Like 1

I Agree with Magbo. You are dealing with a whole different staff running the Scouts now that knows how to win. And, they will continue to bring in the best by any means necessary.

• Like 1

I Agree with Magbo. You are dealing with a whole different staff running the Scouts now that knows how to win. And, they will continue to bring in the best by any means necessary.

Care to elaborate about that one? I've always known Madison to be a clean and classy organization, not one to do things "by any means necessary". Do you mean stealing staff from other places, or buying people out? That seems like an odd statement to make about such a historically significant corps

OK, I realize you wanted this info before Saturday night.

To avoid the $10 event parking fee, there is plenty of free parking immediately southeast of the stadium in the residential neighborhoods. Head to Austin or Grant streets. Plenty of free Saturday night parking on one side of both of these streets.

Care to elaborate about that one? I've always known Madison to be a clean and classy organization, not one to do things "by any means necessary". Do you mean stealing staff from other places, or buying people out? That seems like an odd statement to make about such a historically significant corps

I suspect you misinterpreted what he meant. Most corps try to bring in the best staff by whatever means are possible...looking around for staff members who want a change of scenery, trying to discover possible great staff members who not yet known in drum corps circles, putting out feelers to see if they get any nibbles. It's the same with marchers. Corps have auditions so they can get the best available members. Otherwise, those corps that have to turn applicants away would just take the first how-many-numbers-needed to apply, or even just have a lottery. But they want the best, by whatever means necessary, and so they hold auditions.

One can't fault a corps for trying to get the best...unless one perhaps was cut from their corps of choice.

It's a dog-eat-dog world in drum corps, and yet we as spectators say we want to hear and see the best product possible on the field. That requires bringing in the best, by whatever means are possible and by any means necessary.

I suspect you misinterpreted what he meant. Most corps try to bring in the best staff by whatever means are possible...looking around for staff members who want a change of scenery, trying to discover possible great staff members who not yet known in drum corps circles, putting out feelers to see if they get any nibbles. It's the same with marchers. Corps have auditions so they can get the best available members. Otherwise, those corps that have to turn applicants away would just take the first how-many-numbers-needed to apply, or even just have a lottery. But they want the best, by whatever means necessary, and so they hold auditions.

One can't fault a corps for trying to get the best...unless one perhaps was cut from their corps of choice.

It's a dog-eat-dog world in drum corps, and yet we as spectators say we want to hear and see the best product possible on the field. That requires bringing in the best, by whatever means are possible and by any means necessary.

Probably true. Just the statement of "any means necessary" doesn't seem like the smartest thing for a fan to be saying about their corps. I understand that corps search around for the best staff that they can find, of course they would. Anything less would be stupid than to want the best product they can put out. Guess it was a misunderstanding

Probably true. Just the statement of "any means necessary" doesn't seem like the smartest thing for a fan to be saying about their corps. I understand that corps search around for the best staff that they can find, of course they would. Anything less would be stupid than to want the best product they can put out. Guess it was a misunderstanding

There's a lot of that going around these days. :shutup:

• Like 1

So I am guessing both SCV and Bluecoats will not put in their planned changes either and just take off the rest of the season. :)

In all seriousness, I see Bluecoats passing Phantom but I can't see Scouts passing Bluecoats. Also, don't think for one minute that the Cavaliers are going to roll over and play dead for the rest of the year. The Scouts are 3.5 off the Coats and only 1.6 over Cavaliers at Kalamazoo (and 1 only one point over Spirit)..

What has a better chance of happening? Cavies or Spirit passing Madison or Madison passing SCV and Bluecoats?

I missed the scores tonight. Which scores were closer tonight than they were in Kalamazoo? Cavies to Scouts or Scouts to Bluecoats?