Cavaliers in danger of missing finals?

If in fact corps like Spirit, Madison, Boston, SCV and Blue Knights beat the Cavies in August, I think it will be a darn shame that it will be viewed moreso that the Cavies had a bad year than the other corps have stepped up their programs and competitiveness.

Do I think they will miss finals, no. I predict they will end up in 8th to 10th with Cadets, Crown, Blue Devils, Phantom, Bluecoats, Madison, SCV (no particular order) ahead of them; Boston and Spirit could be ahead or behind them; and Blue Knights, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Glassmen behind them.

I think Boston, Spirit and Cavaliers will end up behind BK...and Madison and SCV need to keep an eye out behind them.

(but, hey, I'm just a rookie BK Dad...what do I know)

I've never doubted that Cavaliers will make finals this year.

There have been comparisons to other corps that have also had similar challenges i.e. Phantom 2009. If I remember correctly, back in 2009 I don't think anyone introduced the idea that Phantom would not make finals.

For a number of years now this activity has seen certain corps produce consistently strong programs. Years prior it wasn't unusual for a corps to have a season where they didn't place as high as expected. I'm not sure why we have posts equating this to a downfall. Honestly, I think the fact this doesn't happen more often is unusual.

What I could safely bet money on is that in 2013 Cavaliers will come out with a much stronger program. I wish they would go back to some of their incredible wind-ensemble years as I haven't really enjoyed their shows of late compared to prior years (although I'll add that last year was incredibly well done).

That being said, I think this corps is absolutely amazing.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2

They will not miss finals, but next year's show will be named REBOOT.

Edited by wallace

I don't want to be the one. But I did screenshot it in case it was taken down.

Would you mind posting it? DCP is always good for blowing things out of proportion, and is in need of a good laugh

• Like 2