East Coast Scores Too High?

everything gets straigthen out in San Antonio....until then who cares.....

I feel the Minn. results will place many corps in their group. Who cleans best and adds point grabbing additions/changes, after the 14th, will help some change groups.

I haven't seen anyone live and won't until Broken Arrow. The DCI model is, there MUST be at least one corps from each geographic region competing for the title (at least during the season). However the following exclusions apply:

BD must ALWAYS be the corps from the west.

BD will be the only corps that is CLEARLY better than everyone else.

BD may never place lower than 3rd (usually 2nd is as far as they'll be slotted).

BD IS "State of the Art" no matter what the fans think, as they are too uneducated to appreciate the complexities of what BD brings to the field.

If the dominate corps from the Mid-west is the Regiment, the rule - "a corps from each region must be competing for the title" is no longer valid. (This is obviously holding true thus far this season)

I don't dislike BD! I am not thrilled with their programming choices as of late. Even when they do something that is remotely musically entertaining (2011) they find ways (to me) to take the enjoyment out of it by all the other stuff they feel they "need" to do to get the show across.

I will bag on my own corps too (Regiment) when deserved. It is not a reflection on the kids but rather the programming choice. I called "the fall" in '09. I was not too thrilled with most of the shows between '98 & '02.

IJS

RM

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone live and won't until Broken Arrow. The DCI model is, there MUST be at least one corps from each geographic region competing for the title (at least during the season). However the following exclusions apply:

BD must ALWAYS be the corps from the west.

BD will be the only corps that is CLEARLY better than everyone else.

BD may never place lower than 3rd (usually 2nd is as far as they'll be slotted).

BD IS "State of the Art" no matter what the fans think, as they are too uneducated to appreciate the complexities of what BD brings to the field.

If the dominate corps from the Mid-west is the Regiment, the rule - "a corps from each region must be competing for the title" is no longer valid. (This is obviously holding true thus far this season)

I don't dislike BD! I am not thrilled with their programming choices as of late. Even when they do something that is remotely musically entertaining (2011) they find ways (to me) to take the enjoyment out of it by all the other stuff they feel they "need" to do to get the show across.

I will bag on my own corps too (Regiment) when deserved. It is not a reflection on the kids but rather the programming choice. I called "the fall" in '09. I was not too thrilled with most of the shows between '98 & '02.

IJS

RM

Everything BD does is art, everything. Thats the first thing they learn in judging school. What's the matter with you boy? :whip:

• Like 1

Just looking at the rankings and seeing the Colts ahead of Blue Knights and Crossmen near Spirit, it just seems like these scores are a little out of line. I'm sure this will all be taken care of next weekend when they are all together. I'm thinking there will be some disappointed folks after next week.

I don't think so, but we won't even to have to wait until next weekend: Tuesday night the Colts are at the same show with Blue Devils, Boston Crusaders, and Santa Clara Vanguard ... all of whom were in direct competition with the Blue Knights on the West Coast.

BK was 3 points behind Boston, 6 behind SCV, and 9 behind BD. If the Colts are closer than that, the East Coast scores probably aren't out of line.

Well, Colts placed 5 pts. behind Boston, 9 behind SCV, and 13 behind BD. So East Coast inflation may be very real.

Right now, based on raw scores, the Colts are 6 points behind Boston, which puts them in 16th... do you think that is way too high for the Colts? it seems like a perfectly reasonable place for them to be to me...

or if they were 5 points behind, then they would be 14th or 15th... which still doesn't seem that far off from where they will likely end up

Edited by soccerguy315

Well, Colts placed 5 pts. behind Boston, 9 behind SCV, and 13 behind BD. So East Coast inflation may be very real.

In Chambersburg they were 4 behind Crossmen, 12.5 behind Cadets and 13.5 behind Crown. And Colts were back to their score from Jackson at tonight's show. Even if Chambersburg was a bit of a course correction, it would still mean Crossmen are 1 pt behind Crusaders* and that Cadets, BD, and Crown are effectively a dead heat. So yes, it seems that the scores might have gotten a bit high during the swing through the northeast, but I don't think Crossmen are going to all of a sudden find themselves much lower than their rolling average score placement. We'll find out in Salem on Thursday night when Crossmen see Spirit again and Madison for the first time.

*Usual caveats of applying the transitive property across judging panels, etc applies.

Edited by just_me

Right now, based on raw scores, the Colts are 6 points behind Boston, which puts them in 16th... do you think that is way too high for the Colts? it seems like a perfectly reasonable place for them to be to me...

or if they were 5 points behind, then they would be 14th or 15th... which still doesn't seem that far off from where they will likely end up

76.5-71.3~=5 So they would be in 14th or 15th. Which I agree seems likely for their final placement this year.