Centerville Soaring Sounds

The percussion is a serious problem. The guard, however, is the most talented Crown's ever had. The guard uniforms and staging, however, are a major issue they need to get figured out.

Not sure I understand the panic about Crown's percussion. Their scores are just fine. They jumped .6 tenths just from Chambersburg tonight alone.

Take a deep breath.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Not sure I understand the panic about Crown's percussion. Their scores are just fine. They jumped .6 tenths just from Chambersburg tonight alone.

Take a deep breath.

My gut says that if crown doesn't win DCI, it will be because of either the margin in guard or percussion...or perhaps both. I still think they have the best vehicle to win though. Watch those 2 captions closely. Those are BD's strengths.

So, why no encore concert tonight? Have we done way with those? Did I miss that memo? This was a strange award ceremony for sure. Took forever to line up and then rapid fire announcements. Strange. Great stadium as always.

Mike

Take a deep breath.

I don't think anyone is panicking. However, percussion is one of the few categories that they have been behind Cadets in at every show at which percussion has been judged all year. While they certainly have a potential overall championship package, but I don't expect them to win the Sanford this year. However, that was not what my comment was about. I was surprised to see Madison ahead of Cavaliers in percussion. While it hasn't exactly been Cavs year, their percussion program is still stellar. Madison has made great strides, but I just don't see them ahead of Cavs in that category just yet.

All of that said, its all subjective. All of these groups work very hard to perfect their programs, and its not about the destination, its about the journey.

• Like 1

So, why no encore concert tonight? Have we done way with those? Did I miss that memo? This was a strange award ceremony for sure. Took forever to line up and then rapid fire announcements. Strange. Great stadium as always.

Mike

'

Maybe a noise ordinance? That can cause problems for encores sometimes if the town says, "No loud noises after x pm"

Loved their show in 1991 with the W. Francis McBeth's "Of Sailors and Whales" piece.

Some corps should definitely do that. Perhaps, SCV or Crown?

Agreed. However, I was thinking they did In the Spring, at the Time When Kings Go Off to War in 1991. I do remember seeing them in 1991 many times. They were excellent. I remember when that program was cut. It just became a fundraising juggernaut, from what I was told.

I feel like such an old timer now...

I always take umbrage at "across the board" ordinals in shows with top 5 corps. Come on, Bluecoats perc has been on fire, and Crown's relatively humble. Not sure how many Cavies have returned from last year, but I find it unusual that the same perc team would be getting pounded, despite the show theme difficulties.

Out west as well, Devs tangling with (by all accounts) a polished Phantom and excellent SCV drumline, get 1's all down the line.

Difficult to believe, no?

~b

Edited by bicsta
  • Like 2

I was surprised to see Madison ahead of Cavaliers in percussion. While it hasn't exactly been Cavies year, their percussion program is still stellar. Madison has made great strides, but I just don't see them ahead of Cavies in that category just yet.

More caption bleed. Guess it's still present on these sheets too. ph34r.gif

Agreed. However, I was thinking they did In the Spring, at the Time When Kings Go Off to War in 1991. I do remember seeing them in 1991 many times. They were excellent. I remember when that program was cut. It just became a fundraising juggernaut, from what I was told.

I feel like such an old timer now...

Heh, we ARE getting old, but we're not there quite yet!

Nope. I was on staff with another C-Bus area band in '91 and we definitely saw them a couple of times with the McBeth and not the Holsinger.... I have a tape of their performance somewhere... smile.gif