Omaha, Nebraska

Music is the universal language; an adage I've heard many times; musicology is a language too ;-) I'll try to translate the narrative, yikes! 'if you don't use it you lose it' ... gotta work in the morning, later :)

Edit: someone posted a quote 'Je ne peux pas être le seul qui pense que le parlant français est ennuyeux.' which loosely translates to 'not sure why thinking or speaking french but boring' oh my :w00t:

Edited by lindap

That's edjumacated, Doug!

:cool:

You said it brother. The show concept is really not that hard to understand. Sure you can go pretty deep if you want to or just understand that dada is pretty much opposite of what you might expect. I think it’s a fantastic show live that is strong in every caption. I’m also a fan of the simple beauty and story of Phantom. SCV is always a favorite and getting stronger. I can’t wait to hear Crown and even though its deeply ingrained in me to dislike, I might even sing a Christmas carol or two before the season is done.

Jarring and out of place. Just a little bit of research and you may find that you actually are educated.

I know the point of the DaDa movement was supposed to be anarchy and chaos, but is adding stuff just to be jarring and out of place really the best way to reach the mass fan base? I'm not the first person to be saying that they don't like the narration.

Well, my college professors say I'm on my way to educated, but I don't have my degree yet

• Like 1

I'm with you. I don't like the stuff, I think it's jarring and out of place. But some people like it I guess. Maybe it just means we're un-educated and jealous of their success?

Agreed.

Anyone with untreated ADD/ADHD, would say, at times it is very difficult to absorb or perceive information correctly with minor unintentional distractions around. This usually leaves the ADD/ADHD person feeling as if they are stupid, or that the information or material is too HARD for them.

So let's say we make a Drum Corps show that blatantly distracts and intentionally overloads the senses, thus making the show seem HARD or impressive, even for the non-ADD/ADHD.

• Like 1

You said it brother. The show concept is really not that hard to understand. Sure you can go pretty deep if you want to or just understand that dada is pretty much opposite of what you might expect. I think it's a fantastic show live that is strong in every caption. I'm also a fan of the simple beauty and story of Phantom. SCV is always a favorite and getting stronger. I can't wait to hear Crown and even though its deeply ingrained in me to dislike, I might even sing a Christmas carol or two before the season is done.

Well, like I've said before. I'm still waiting for their show to grab me BUT, I still haven't seen them live. I'll hold off on further judgment until then.

Hey, is Kyle marching this year or has he aged out? Let me know and we'll take him a little care package when we go to San Antonio.

Are you going to be in San Antonio?

For sure, u?

For sure, u?

Yes. Both my wife and I will be there. Looks like it's almost time to start taking the San Antonio roll call.

Part of the whole dada movement was to take ordinary "found objects" and incorporate them into your the art that you are making. That is what it is.

I know the point of the DaDa movement was supposed to be anarchy and chaos, but is adding stuff just to be jarring and out of place really the best way to reach the mass fan base? I'm not the first person to be saying that they don't like the narration.

Well, my college professors say I'm on my way to educated, but I don't have my degree yet

I enjoy your posts. So angry and jarring.

dada

I enjoy your posts. So angry and jarring.

dada

I'm angry? Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't think I came across as angry

• Like 1