Marvelous Minneapolis

Michael Boo asked what the horns throw in the air at the end. It's their masks, right?

"INT yell" is exactly 4:15 into their show!

• Like 1

The voiceovers represent what we all hid behind our own personal masks. Everyone hides something and the show is about breaking free of that.

Nice brass sound. My only pet peeve is drill for first half of show seems confined to within 25 yd line.

Yeah.... was really noticeable coming after Boston's big-time field coverage.

• Like 1

wow, Bloo is lucky DCI did away with the grounding penalty... :satisfied:

Great show. Loved everything but the voiceovers.

the voiceovers will make more sense as they add to their show..... you'll see. :ph34r:

• Like 2

So far I'm not really digging Bluecoats' show.

I'd have to agree, so I'll join the minority...really talented group...show is just a miss for me...

• Like 1

I don't mind the voice over, I see it as a frenzied build up. Perhaps adjust brass level so they aren't competing.

Then hold off on the voices until near the end of the ballad. That would actually make the build-up more effective. The horn solos can't be adjusted without changing the emotional feel of what they're playing. The voice over is new, so it's possible that it will be adjusted after critique feedback and design team brainstorm sessions take place.

Bloo is one of the FEW corps so far that doesn't cover the horn sound over with drums whacking every time a horn player hits a note. Very tasty drum writing by drum staff.

++

What is that haunting tune the horns play near the end, lots of mello sound? It's that "big moment" type of sound lesser corps would kill for.

• Like 2