Marvelous Minneapolis

I think they could milk Pagliacci for a lot more emotion.

• Like 1

BD's brassline should be absolutely perfect..... because they do almost no drill. Standing still playing while elbow to elbow is NOT Demanding. You can make a million excuses if you like but Crown's show is so much more demanding than BD's both musically and visually.

I'd probably agree with Crown's being more demanding, but if BD performs at a higher level, then not much can be said about difficulty...

• Like 1

Sad that Cavie's show is on now as I write, and all people want to talk about is everybody else's show. :huh2:

(general comment, not personal towards anyone. I'm doing it too.)

Edited by wvu80

My issue is the lack of balance in the horn section. I feel like I'm listening to four sections playing instead of one full horn line.

Going on after Phantom and Crown will do that to you.. :tongue:

Agreed. And Crown is the difference between Top 5 and Top 3 with a shot at all the marbles. Amazing design and execution. First corps to repeatedly not only make me say, "Oh wow!" but to also make my jaw drop and take my breath away.

Yep. My daughter (5yo) kept asking me "why do you keep shaking your head?" Hard to explain being dumbfounded to a youngin'

I think Shanefield's (sp?) writing is ok for the most part... it just seems like 90% of the Cavalier's shows the past three years have been transitions. The music is always "going somewhere," but we never get there.... or at least don't stay there for too long.

• Like 1

BD's brassline should be absolutely perfect..... because they do almost no drill. Standing still playing while elbow to elbow is NOT Demanding. You can make a million excuses if you like but Crown's show is so much more demanding than BD's both musically and visually.

Dude I had to give you a negative for this .. not because I don't agree with you .. not because you might be right ... not because I'm a BD borg by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a tired argument. It's part of their winning formula. This year is supposed to be different on different sheets .. if they still get rewarded them shame on the DCI Judging establishment ...but man put down the hateraid

• Like 3

Jeez, how have I not noticed that bass roll before?