Marvelous Minneapolis

Crossmen haven't made finals sine 2004.. that's quite a long time for the corps. Came close once in 08. But they haven't really been close any other year. So yeah, current trends, they are a non-finalist corps. And Spirit was down in the cellar for a couple of years too. And they had the curse of 12th place for a while.

Yes, but he didn't say they were a non-finalist in recent years or by current trends, he said they were "traditionally" a non-finalist, which to me infers throughout their history, not just in recent years. That's all I took exception to.

And even if you just look at the past 10 years, Spirit was a finalist 6 of those 10 years. Granted, most were in 12th place, but the last time I checked, being in 12th makes you a finalist, not a non-finalist.

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 1

I love the thread Subtitle: Where everyone FINALLY meets.

Heh .. this should be the DCM Prelims show ... not the pre-pre-pre-pre-prelims for DCI finals. It's nice to be able to see all the corps on Fan Network .. but honestly ..... These shows are the biggest reason the DCI model is an EPIC FAIL!

Let the slotting begin.........

• Like 2

Yes, but he didn't say they were a non-finalist in recent years or by current trends, he said they were "traditionally" a non-finalist, which to me infers throughout their history, not just in recent years. That's all I took exception to.

And even if you just look at the past 10 years, Spirit was a finalist 6 of those 10 years. Granted, most were in 12th place, but the last time I checked, being in 12th makes you a finalist, not a non-finalist.

Geez. Calm down. So I used a poor way to describe what I meant.

You can unbunch your panties now.

• Like 3

Geez. Calm down. So I used a poor way to describe what I meant.

You can unbunch your panties now.

Panties unbunched. :smile:

Sorry, but as someone who is a part of a long tradition of being not only in the top 12 but also in the top 8 for quite a few years and top 4 a couple of those years, I do take exception when someone erroneously refers to Spirit of Atlanta as a "traditional non-finalist," and will point out the error in that description whenever necessary. That's all. No big deal.

• Like 2

Panties unbunched. :smile:

Sorry, but as someone who is a part of a long tradition of being not only in the top 12 but also in the top 8 for quite a few years and top 4 a couple of those years, I do take exception when someone erroneously refers to Spirit of Atlanta as a "traditional non-finalist," and will point out the error in that description whenever necessary. That's all. No big deal.

My historical-drum corps-stats-knowledge doesnt go much past the 2000s so I apologize for categorizing groups that way.

• Like 2

Also, I just noticed on their schedule that they may not be rehearsing at that school. The clinics are at tcf field.

BD will be at East Ridge high school Today (Thursday) at "The Bank" on Friday, and then East Ridge saturday before the show.

Wow!

Went tthru some horrible thunderstorms on my way up here just now.

Tornado sirens sounding south of Minnie

Ready. Large hail stones too.

Didn't rain much at the stadium.

BD are holding a clinic inside and outside stadium

Be sure to leave early when coming here.

Everything is under construction.

Some lots and side roads are closed!

Sounds like better weather tomorrow.

Maybe cooler but very humid!!!

Can't wait!

Wow!

Went tthru some horrible thunderstorms on my way up here just now.

Tornado sirens sounding south of Minnie

Ready. Large hail stones too.

Didn't rain much at the stadium.

BD are holding a clinic inside and outside stadium

Be sure to leave early when coming here.

Everything is under construction.

Some lots and side roads are closed!

Sounds like better weather tomorrow.

Maybe cooler but very humid!!!

Can't wait!

Being a north-easterner...What does a tornado siren sound like? I'm not trying to be cute...I don't think I've ever heard one...

Being a north-easterner...What does a tornado siren sound like? I'm not trying to be cute...I don't think I've ever heard one...

Sounds like a fire engine siren, but louder, and they're usually revved up to high pitch and held there for 10-20 seconds, then the pitch falls and rises again... at least, that's what they're like around where I live. They usually have them on light poles every mile or so, so that they're audible most anywhere.

Edited by skywhopper