Marvelous Minneapolis

Being a north-easterner...What does a tornado siren sound like? I'm not trying to be cute...I don't think I've ever heard one...

I live just north of Minneapolis/St. Paul. What rkfdPRphan heard was probably a severe thunderstorm warning siren. (That's the same as a tornado siren anyway.)

There were severe thunderstorm warnings this afternoon, but I don't think there were any actual tornado warnings today.

To answer your question about what the siren sounds like....

Just go to youtube and search for a tornado warning siren. They are pretty much the same around the country.

I live just north of Minneapolis/St. Paul. What rkfdPRphan heard was probably a severe thunderstorm warning siren. (That's the same as a tornado siren anyway.)

There were severe thunderstorm warnings this afternoon, but I don't think there were any actual tornado warnings today.

Just go to youtube and search for a tornado warning siren. They are pretty much the same around the country.

Thanks...I did just that and found it on YouTube :tongue:

Thanks skywhopper as well.

Looked for a funnel cloud - that would have changed the warning! Plenty of wind, hail, black clouds and spinning/rolling clouds!

Got a few new dents in the mini van.

Hope LaCrosse got their show in tonight as it was heading their way..

Edited by rkfdPRphan

Being a north-easterner...What does a tornado siren sound like? I'm not trying to be cute...I don't think I've ever heard one...

You can also hear one when the Crossmen start the drum break in their show.

Liahona, with hurricanes down south, wild fires out west, and tornados in the midwest and south, I thank my stars that I live in New England.....yeah, we occasionally get snow and ice storms, but nothing that ever requires us to run for cover... :smile:

Stupid question:

Is this like a prelims where scores are announced as they are received or do they wait until the end for retreat?