Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

The Cascades have 8 Teal Sound members arriving to join the corps today! There are still a few guard spots available and a mallet position, too. If anyone is interested, you can contact Doug Hebenthal, Executive Director at doug@doughebenthal.com.

We have had a few people ask if they can donate to help pay for the TS members as they have already paid full fees to TS. The only fees that the Cascades are charging the TS members are for their food costs so if you want to help them out, you can do so by going to http://hlpus.com/cascades-drum-corps and clicking the Donate to the Whole Team button. We know that any donations that come in from today on will be for the Teal Sound Members.

We are humbled by the TS parents who have taken a leap of faith by sending their kids to us without ever having met us, come to a camp, etc. and will do our best to provide them with a great summer experience. Drum corps is competitive but at times, we all need to do whatever we can to keep them on the field and marching. We were deeply moved last year when our equipment truck was totaled in an accident in mid-tour by the outpouring of support and offer of help from the drum corps community to keep out members on tour while we figured out truck options.

Thanks to all who have helped get the Teal Sound members into corps and on with the rest of the tour.

Ahaha - the site made me laugh! Thanks for taking in these kids.

Wasn't there a DCP'er over this past off season that ended up going to Teal Sound? I can't remember his screen name on here but I remember there being a lot of discussion about where to march and he ended up choosing Teal. I wonder if he has found a new corps for the rest of the season.

I think it was NewTuba_2012 or something like that?

• Like 1

I think it was NewTuba_2012 or something like that?

That rings a bell...hope he found a new corps family for the rest of the season! Anyone have an updated total?

merging the 2 tally posts, here is what I came up with:

Colts - 11

Glassmen - 10

Cascades - 8

Academy - 2

Blue Knights - 2

Madison - 1

Crossmen - 2

Spirit - 1

BDB - 4

Legend - 1

Genesis - 1

Blue Stars - 1

----------------

subtotal = 44

any other updates?

Do we know how many members Teal had? (Someone asked this earlier but I didn't see any response)

isn't the drum corps family WONDERFUL??? This fills my heart with joy. :inlove:

Edited by texascv1
  • Like 2

I like how one of the Cascades parents put it on the FB page for parents:

Cascades no longer bleeds green, we now bleed Teal Green! :thumbup:

Wow....that just made me tear up. This activity. Either I'm tearing up over the beauty of a show, or the emotion of a performance, or a corps playing through the pouring rain. Pretty wonderful stuff! :sigh:

merging the 2 tally posts, here is what I came up with:

Colts - 11

Glassmen - 10

Cascades - 8

Academy - 2

Blue Knights - 2

Madison - 1

Crossmen - 2

BDB - 4

Legend - 1

Genesis - 1

Blue Stars - 1

----------------

subtotal = 43

any other updates? Do we know how many members Teal had? (Someone asked this earlier but I didn't see any response)

isn't the drum corps family WONDERFUL??? This fills my heart with joy. :inlove:

There were around 120 members. Some are still trying to find spots. Unfortunately this includes at least 1 age out :( Some are resigned to not getting to finish. Our daughter is with Colts. I believe several of the new Colts members are performing close to 2 minutes today! It's been a crazy week. Colts organization has been extremely warm and welcoming. We appreciate that more than we can say.

• Like 1

i know many kids who did pay to be in teal and I really hope those are the ones getting spots. Corps should be checking because non payers are also a part of a huge problem drum corps face today. I know this is a problem all over BUT I always hear alot of this coming out of Florida..I have friends doing winter programs there and constantly saying how it's so awful with many members and the entitlement many think they have. There have been many great winter programs that also have gone under there.

Good luck to all who got spots and hope you have a great rest of the season

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1