Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

My quick tally just from reading through this thread is:

Colts - 11

Glassmen - 10

Cascades - 8

Academy - 2

Blue Knights - 2?

Scouts - 1

Crossmen - 1

BDB - 3?

=38 total

Also posts from Pioneer, Pacific Crest, Revolution, Blue Saints, Raiders, Tampa Bay Thunder and Shenandoah Sound regarding open positions, no word if they've been filled or not

Edit: updated

Okay - I got this from a facebook group which had a discussion of the teal people.

‎2 academy

10 glassmen

2 crossmen

4 bdb

11 colts

1 legends

1 blue stars

1 genesis

What a great thread this has become! Not sure if Spirit has any holes but that is one corps I'd be contacting if I were searching!!

The Cascades have 8 Teal Sound members arriving to join the corps today! There are still a few guard spots available and a mallet position, too. If anyone is interested, you can contact Doug Hebenthal, Executive Director at doug@doughebenthal.com.

We have had a few people ask if they can donate to help pay for the TS members as they have already paid full fees to TS. The only fees that the Cascades are charging the TS members are for their food costs so if you want to help them out, you can do so by going to http://hlpus.com/cascades-drum-corps and clicking the Donate to the Whole Team button. We know that any donations that come in from today on will be for the Teal Sound Members.

We are humbled by the TS parents who have taken a leap of faith by sending their kids to us without ever having met us, come to a camp, etc. and will do our best to provide them with a great summer experience. Drum corps is competitive but at times, we all need to do whatever we can to keep them on the field and marching. We were deeply moved last year when our equipment truck was totaled in an accident in mid-tour by the outpouring of support and offer of help from the drum corps community to keep out members on tour while we figured out truck options.

Thanks to all who have helped get the Teal Sound members into corps and on with the rest of the tour.

And that, along with all the other posts in this thread, is what drum corps is all about. Cascades (and all other corps that took kids in) will be getting a couple bucks from me...

• Like 1

The Cascades have 8 Teal Sound members arriving to join the corps today! There are still a few guard spots available and a mallet position, too. If anyone is interested, you can contact Doug Hebenthal, Executive Director at doug@doughebenthal.com.

We have had a few people ask if they can donate to help pay for the TS members as they have already paid full fees to TS. The only fees that the Cascades are charging the TS members are for their food costs so if you want to help them out, you can do so by going to http://hlpus.com/cascades-drum-corps and clicking the Donate to the Whole Team button. We know that any donations that come in from today on will be for the Teal Sound Members.

We are humbled by the TS parents who have taken a leap of faith by sending their kids to us without ever having met us, come to a camp, etc. and will do our best to provide them with a great summer experience. Drum corps is competitive but at times, we all need to do whatever we can to keep them on the field and marching. We were deeply moved last year when our equipment truck was totaled in an accident in mid-tour by the outpouring of support and offer of help from the drum corps community to keep out members on tour while we figured out truck options.

Thanks to all who have helped get the Teal Sound members into corps and on with the rest of the tour.

I thought someone from teal was asking about a pit position.

Wasn't there a DCP'er over this past off season that ended up going to Teal Sound? I can't remember his screen name on here but I remember there being a lot of discussion about where to march and he ended up choosing Teal. I wonder if he has found a new corps for the rest of the season.

The more and more I read this thread, the more I get more emotional. I love how the other corps are taking them in.

well corps do have holes to fill.. :smile: but is nice they reached out to some of these kids so they can finish up the season somewhere

Edited by GUARDLING