Marching arts leaders meet in Indianapolis

Why is Sunday not available? Football? Are they always home games that weekend? Or are some Away?

travel.

hence why DCA does Labor Day weekend....Monday is a holiday

when they tried the regular season show in 2005, an overwhelming majority of the DCI audience was already on their way home.

But aren't Semifinals Friday night???

If DCI and DCA went through the trouble of having some kind of show during Finals week, it is conceivable to think that they could have a day of rehearsal for DCI between Semi's and Finals. Then again, that would be an additional day of renting the stadium. I could also see them pushing to have DCA perform before DCI Finals, kind of like the Alumni do before DCA Finals. I could also see them put a DCA show in the stadium they use for DCI Open Class... maybe still giving Finalist corps the day off on the Friday before DCI Finals.

So that the Western corps don't have to shell out so much money while eastern corps don't have to shell out as much.

Why would DCA want to have their championships in Indy? The arena would dwarf the crowd. There are enough complaints about DCI being there as it is.

And if few folks show....

Actually the fans aren't "already there" as many DCI fans want nothing to do with DCA. So I think they would be impressed if they actually gave it a shot? Maybe.....lets face it. Our product isn't what theirs is. We are the weaker little cousin.

Some piece of work told me this past winter that DCA stands for "doesn't count anyways" and unfortunately there will always be those close minded folks.

So we need to improve our product to win those people over more. And at the same time be careful not to lose the fans DCA already has.

That will be a very narrow tightrope to navigate.

Another thing that might not help the DCI fan opinion of DCA is that while the DCI corps are at their peak for champs week, the DCA corps have another 3 weeks before their champs, so they are far from their own peak performance level.

you all jumped to the championships being merged which will NEVER happen... and missed the obvious... all the things that both organizations have as common overheads but could be quite beneficial to have "cooperative" overhead... this would include such things as yearbook production and printing, to various media opportunities to marketing...

Further, I think it was far more significant that WGI and BOA were equally involved in such a logistical meeting with DCI and DCA...

Forget the extremes and concentrate on the benefits of cooperation...

• Like 1

And if few folks show....

exactly, and DCi pays the corps differently than a DCA show will.

you all jumped to the championships being merged which will NEVER happen... and missed the obvious... all the things that both organizations have as common overheads but could be quite beneficial to have "cooperative" overhead... this would include such things as yearbook production and printing, to various media opportunities to marketing...

Further, I think it was far more significant that WGI and BOA were equally involved in such a logistical meeting with DCI and DCA...

that'd be logical Tom, and logic has no place on DCP

:tongue:

• Like 1

I talked about the super regional in the short term goals. Very obtainable. DCA just has to want it for the growth of the activity. Along with it will come growing pains and the need for a more aggressive fund raising campaign to make it happen.

IF we review the posts here I was the one that mentioned championships merging. I also stated LONG TERM. Some people jumped to the conclusion that somehow that meant tomorrow.

Never say never Tom. The right package deal? The right money? DCA will be there.

Tom, I love the idea of cooperation. One of the things I would love to see is the concept of DCI/DCA regular season shows make a reappearance. I think the Hershey show was a benefit to both sides of this activity and by losing that, we lost a needed connection between the two. I realize in this era of youtube videos more people are exposed to DCA that previously only heard about the idea of old people marching lame shows, and they can see that this is not the case these days. Yet, I still think in person exposure is the best way to truly experience anything.

So while my comments regarding combining DCA into DCI finals came off as against the idea, those comments were in response to those that were previously made. The past experiences have not been overly beneficial to DCA as the DCI fans didn't come out in droves to be supportive of the shows. I think the idea needs to happen on the smaller level first before going out to Indy. Build the audience. And yes, marketing will go a long way in making that happen.

This meeting should be considered the biggest step to showing the fans that we are all working towards one common goal, THEM. And I think that is wonderful. :smile: