5 good reason the activity is destined to end

OKay, I can't read this whole thread without saying this first. Only on page 3 out of 6 in my setup...

STOP ####### COMPARING DCI TO PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. IT DOESN"T WORK. EVER. AHHHHHHHH.

and it also won't help anything. Unless we want to try to change our business model into something the NFL is.

I guess we better start beating everyone's heads in with tubas...

Edit:

Toned it down a bit :)

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 4

Well, if everyone is saying DCI is destined to fail, how about you all step up and do something about it? Everyone seems to know the exact reason why things are going down the hole, and how they personally can fix DCI, but how about helping? Maybe donate money to more corps to stop them from folding? Try and volunteer with a corps to make sure that their day-to-day operations run better? Do something instead of sitting on the internet and armchair corps directing?

• Like 9

I guess we better start beating everyone's heads in with tubas...

Works well for Ohio State's tubas. :tongue:

• Like 1

Does anyone know the salaries of corps directors and exec directors? I honestly don't know. But I have seen 6 figures thrown around on here before. I don't know how truthful. But is that necessary?

• Like 1

true, but....look at 1991 and tell us how many aren't still here

Not "here" (presently competing in world class) from the 1991 quarter finals: Star of Indiana, Freelancers, Sky Ryders, Dutch Boy, Velvet Knights, Magic of Orlando, Marauders, L'Insolite

Not "there" as world class (then "open" class) for the 1991 quarter finals: Carolina Crown (class A), Blue Stars (class A90), The Academy, Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Teal Sound, Cascades, Jersey Surf, Pioneer (class A 90)

Edited by mrk

Not "here" (presently competing in world class) from the 1991 quarter finals: Star of Indiana, Freelancers, Sky Ryders, Dutch Boy, Velvet Knights, Magic of Orlando, Marauders, L'Insolite

Not "there" as world class (then "open" class) for the 1991 quarter finals: Carolina Crown (class A), Blue Stars (class A90), The Academy, Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Teal Sound, Cascades, Jersey Surf, Pioneer (class A 90)

So, you're saying we have the same number now, since Teal has now folded?

You can sit here and make these statements all you want, but the one dealing with no competition just irks me a little. Take a look back to 2002 dci finals. Remember what happened there? There was a group that had not made finals for the first time after a handful of years. The next year, the changed their image and staff, and just after 10 years have a legit shot at winning DCI this year. Who is to say that groups that sit for the majority of their time at DCI finals in the bottom 6 can't make a move over the next 10 years to become the next DCI champion?

Does anyone know the salaries of corps directors and exec directors? I honestly don't know. But I have seen 6 figures thrown around on here before. I don't know how truthful. But is that necessary?

This sort of thinking that since the activity is in the realm of 501c3 anything above love and crackers is not necessary for a CEO salary really hits a nerve in my teeth: When a major corporation is dealing with multimillion, (and I mean multimillion), in revenue/expenditures "per year", and the CEO is the individual directly responsible and held legally accountable for running that multimillion dollar per year corporation, what should be the wage/salary for that person? $7.25 per hour wage? $12,000 per year salary? Volunteer out of love? Or should the salary be commensurate with the accountability/responsibility the CEO position has to running any other multimillion dollar per year corporation?

Edited by Stu