Audition Camps in Texas?

With all the excellent high school marching band programs in Texas, I'm not surprised at how many hold auditions there. I'd also expect any other Corps to be interested in musicians from Texas. It would probably be worth an email and a video to whomever you are interested in.

I know we're in the middle of a season, but I was interested in who USUALLY has Audition camps in Texas/Surrounding states? Definitely auditioning somewhere, this is one of the factors I am taking into account with eliminating some of the corps I had in mind.

I know for a fact that Boston held their audition camp last November at Guyer HS, Denton, TX. A great corps and excellent staff no doubt, but of course I'm a little biased! :smile:

Not only do the Bluecoats do audition camps in Texas but they also hold monthly camps through the winter in Texas for those who live in the western half of the US and can't make it to Canton for winter camps.

In the spring they then bring the two halves of the corps together in Ohio to put the ensemble together.

There are three things that dominate the Lone Star state. God, football and marching bands - in that order. I'll bet that half the kids in DCI are from Texas.

The other half come from Florida!!!

Not only do the Bluecoats do audition camps in Texas but they also hold monthly camps through the winter in Texas for those who live in the western half of the US and can't make it to Canton for winter camps.

In the spring they then bring the two halves of the corps together in Ohio to put the ensemble together.

Is this for horns only, or do they do this for the drumline and pit as well?

I hope you don't mind, but does anyone know the corps that audition in Florida?

I know Teal Sound (obviously) and Boston Crusaders do. In fact, I believe that most of Boston's camps are in Florida

I know Teal Sound (obviously) and Boston Crusaders do. In fact, I believe that most of Boston's camps are in Florida

Boston's 2012 auditions were in Lynn MA, Denton TX, and Bradenton, FL(1 hour from Tampa). Their winter camps were in Bradenton, FL.