Blue Devils vs. Carolina Crown

All this inevitability talk seems unfair. There's a month left. Corps, including Crown, Cadets, PR, and SCV are still competing. It ain't over til its over, and that's a month away. There are some great corps out there, and I want to sit back and enjoy the shows AND the competition. The kids in BD won't give up and neither will anyone else, so let's let this season play out before we declare it over.

• Like 1

All this inevitability talk seems unfair. There's a month left. Corps, including Crown, Cadets, PR, and SCV are still competing. It ain't over til its over, and that's a month away. There are some great corps out there, and I want to sit back and enjoy the shows AND the competition. The kids in BD won't give up and neither will anyone else, so let's let this season play out before we declare it over.

Yeah, but I did that in 2009 and look what happened.

Edited by En929
  • Like 1

It does to speak volumes about the Blue Devils when they can win 1 show and every person on DCP names them champion, and not without good cause.

I want them to win, but I don't think it's certain either. Can't wait for the rest of the season!

• Like 3

I happen to lovve BD'show, but like the previous poster said, it is not over until Finals. I realize you might have been right in 2009, but there have been more then a few years that BD dominated all season just to be passed up at Finals.

• Like 1

Wow - I never realized the DCI Champion was crowned in July. That's pretty cool.

So - does this mean the rest of the tour is the victory lap and everybody else is fighting for 2nd?

[/tongue in cheek]

• Like 2

The Blue Devils have dominated the last 5 years of DCI with 3 golds and 2 silvers (should be 4 golds honestly with 2008). In those 5 years they've racked up a 119-29 record!!! 21 of those 29 losses were last year BTW...

Eventually the Devils will fall back to earth and I'm hoping Crown can clean up enough to catch them but only time will tell. I can't see any other shows taking silver or gold come finals but the Cadets and Phantom will try their best to prove that wrong.

• Like 8

Yeah, but I did that in 2009 and my prediction came out to be correct.

Did you predict that Cadets would win last year when they placed 4th at DCI Minnesota? :tongue:

• Like 7