Blue Devils on top...really?

I need help curing my objectivity. I know what the sheets say, I know what I'm seeing on the field and yet I don't see how the judges can see what I don't see. Maybe I need to be trained or something but Blue Devils are an anomaly to me in show design. No one designs shows like they do. And I'm not saying I hate the show. I actually think it's cool but how it can be first in GE music, GE visual, ensemble etc... no idea. All the other corps I understand what the judges see and yet BD continues to be the anomaly?

When I see scatter drill and written blobs in drill I see dirt. Is that not dirt?

Charlie, honestly, I agree with you. I understand what the others talk about about. But it honestly just looks like dirt to me... and I know some folks don't agree with that... but what can we do?

• Like 1

i have another secret...So does everyone else tongue.gif

Actually Crown has some of their most difficult drill while playing some of their hardest stuff... and at full ensemble moments...

• Like 1

Double posty

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

Actually Crown has some of their most difficult drill while playing some of their hardest stuff... and at full ensemble moments...

Which is why they should be getting rewarded for that. Like the olympics.....if you do a hard dive with pretty good accuracy you should win the gold over Freddy who is doing a front flip with no splash

• Like 1

No, what really should happen is that visual should be de-emphasized. Change the math so that it's a 60-40 spread in favor of music. While you're at it, add "entertainment value" as criteria on both GE sheets. That would solve the problem as you see it.

"Complex field drills" will only make every visual program look like Cadets.

There you go! Play some music! I don't care about your stupid drill factory. Play music first! If you want drill then to see a guard competition!

• Like 2

Which is why they should be getting rewarded for that. Like the olympics.....if you do a hard dive with pretty good accuracy you should win the gold over Freddy who is doing a front flip with no splash

They should be rewarded...when it's achieved. It isn't...yet.

Edited by Kamarag

Pssst...Here's a dirty little secret...The Blue Devils DO march...a lot...often at high tempo. You may not know that from reading here or watching a high cam Fan Network feed (the black pants do make it harder to see). There is a lot going on throughout the show, but if you see it live (or on the multi-cam feed in Atlanta) and look at it honestly, there is little doubt. It isn't the same as Cadets or some others, but why would we want that???

Honestly, Cadets aren't the issue, and I know I'm gonna get flagged or banned for this...but Cadets don't march that much either...watch the two minutes leading into jingle bells as well as the rock out...just sayin. BD marches extremely well and has the best form awareness of anyone.

• Like 1

They will...when it's clean. Just like the Olympics.

• Like 1