Bentonville Boutique

Wow, judges REALLY REALLY like what The Academy is doing from a visual standpoint! Third time in a row they've had visual GE scoring in the 10th range, including the Minnesota Regional.

And Blue Stars guard kicking some serious tail once again! 1.1 over BK and only .3 down from Crown. Impressive!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

What a great night of drum corps with my 8 year old daughter and my 80 year old dad who hadn't seen drum corps since the 1960's. (and I never knew he'd seen it at all - he never got to see any of the shows I was in) Just seeing him sit there in awe of what every corps did was inspiring.

Disappointed in the scoring for Troop. They sold their show tonight and the crowd responded well. I'm not saying they should be ahead or behind any particular corps, I just wish this show would get some traction in scores.

• Like 2

What a coincidence - everybody's in the same order as Minneapolis. With the same point spread too.

Isn't it incredible how everybody can work for three days, and all end up scoring in the exact same level as before. Everybody "improved" at exactly the same matmatical level - all together. It's a miracle!

Reminds me of "Strictly Ballroom"! tongue.gif

Interesting Scores Colts up 2, BLue Stars up 3, Academy up 4, and Troopers down 2. Are these judges judging the same shows for that much change?tongue.gif

Either their slotting ability is very shaky, or 11-16 is so tight they can't peg it down. OR...

Thanks for all the pictures Kevin. Some thoughts on the show for those who are thinking of going next year:

Parking: Plenty of free parking across the street from the stadium. We arrived late while the first corp Genesis was playing but still plenty of parking. Parking right next to the stadium looked like $5 in places.

Stadium: Big crowd. We had the $30 seats about halfway up on the 40 yrd line. I think next year I will go a little higher and get seats online sooner than the day before as those were the highest I could get in the premium section. Will call was fast and efficient, but like I said we were late so the crowd was already inside. We were given wrist bands for reentry. The stadium was really nice and event staff were friendly. It wasn't a huge stadium (say, compared to Broken Arrow, OK) so you felt like you were close up to the performers.

Congratulations to the Bentonville Pride for their first annual Northwest Arkansas Music on the Move! It was a good venue and I will definitely be returning and bringing friends and family.

• Like 1