Cavaliers Break 80 in Lebanon

First, there already is a battle for 5th. It just happens to not include Cavaliers.

Second, it is almost like you ignored his entire post. This "gain" did not take place in a vacuum. It is not a gain at all. Not that they won't close the gap, but that was not it ...yet.

I ignored nothing!

All I said was that, looking at the schedule and how the corps were gaining in score, Cavies were gaining much more than SCV/Bloo, at the moment, with each show.

I simply pointed out that what was a 4-point deficit to SCV has now shrunk to 0.9. And o.5 from Bloo.

Sure, these are scores from different shows, but I pointed out that Cavies have an advantage of having 3 shows to 2 for the others this week.

My suggestion simply that Cavies may indeed close that gap and be in the hunt for 5th place, come San Antonio.

But I also pointed out that we will get a preview Friday as they all go head-to-head.

This could get really interesting, is all I'm saying.

AJMHO

:-)

Most age minimums are relatively new concepts. Most corps, especially when climbing the ladder, would open membership to everyone. Back in the 60s-very early 90s, it wasn't that uncommon for a kid to start marching at 10 or 11. There is someone on here that marched with Long Island Kingsmen for 15 years or so.

And don't forget about the adorable little kids in BDC, they start at 3.

Actually, it was 16 seasons :satisfied: . I started on cymbals at 5.

My son will have marched 9 years of DCI by the time he ages out next year. He was below the "minimum age" his first two years he marched. BUT, he's also a third-generation drum corps kid, so it was allowed.

WOW! Is it me, or have the Cavaliers done a ton of rewrites since the beginning of the season. I actually like the show now. I don't LOVE like I have Cavies shows of the past but it reads much better now than before.

I don't want to start anything and I am not saying it definitely is the case, but a few things look kinda familiar. What's the chance that someone that used to design for them, giving them an uncredited hand in some of the rewrites.

Either way, way to go Cavies.

Cavies stalled this week, just as they were gaining ground on SCV/Bloo. Actually, their scores went down a few tenths at Denton from earlier in the week, instead of gaining the 1 point and sometimes more they were doing each show.

Do you think perhaps the new changes have topped out for a while, as they clean them?

Or are we seeing the dreaded "slotting" take hold, determined to doom Cavies to 7-8th place?

Discuss....

Cavies stalled this week, just as they were gaining ground on SCV/Bloo. Actually, their scores went down a few tenths at Denton from earlier in the week, instead of gaining the 1 point and sometimes more they were doing each show.

Do you think perhaps the new changes have topped out for a while, as they clean them?

Or are we seeing the dreaded "slotting" take hold, determined to doom Cavies to 7-8th place?

Discuss....

Interesting stall, but hopefully that will be rectified tonight! Can't say anything about the slotting, but I see marked improvement in their show, but there are a few still dirty parts both musically and visually.

Or are we seeing the dreaded "slotting" take hold, determined to doom Cavies to 7-8thth placeplace?

If finals were tomorrow, the Cavies might finish 7th to 9th. This, coupled the fact that caption ordinals were ranging from 7th to 11th in San Antonio, would seem to indicate Cavaliers slotting is not taking place.

Edited by mingusmonk

Actually, it was 16 seasons :satisfied: . I started on cymbals at 5.

My son will have marched 9 years of DCI by the time he ages out next year. He was below the "minimum age" his first two years he marched. BUT, he's also a third-generation drum corps kid, so it was allowed.

Even more impressive! I thought I was young when I started marching at 16, but you win that contest. My first year, we had a kid in the guard who was 12, and will have 10 years in the organization once she ages-out.

And I think I heard during the webcast that one of the BD snare drummers is on about 12 or 13 years in the BD organization