New Ending for PR

Yeah, after the scores from last night Phantom just seems to be way of the pace in the percussion department and it will cost them any chance at the title.

This year's show with Rennick still at the helm of the drumline would be sick. But such is life.

They are not 1st or 2nd in any caption, so I am not sure how the drumlineo is keeping them from winning the title. if they had the top drumline, they would still be third. It is a two horse race this year and with Blue Devils 1st or 2nd in every caption across the board, they are far and away the odds on favorite.

• Like 2

They are not 1st or 2nd in any caption, so I am not sure how the drumlineo is keeping them from winning the title. if they had the top drumline, they would still be third. It is a two horse race this year and with Blue Devils 1st or 2nd in every caption across the board, they are far and away the odds on favorite.

The same was true in 2008 and 1996 for that matter at this point in the season. So I don't really get your point. But certainly their drum line being this far off the pace does not bode well.

• Like 2

Yeah, after the scores from last night Phantom just seems to be way of the pace in the percussion department and it will cost them any chance at the title.

This year's show with Rennick still at the helm of the drumline would be sick. But such is life.

I wish the percussion were scoring higher too, but these kind of comments don't have much support from the facts. For example, assume that, at the show last night in Murfreesboro, they got an 18.4 in percussion (the 1st place score) instead of 17.2 (the 7th place score that they got). It's a difference of 1.2, divided in half as the percussion score is, which gives us a real difference of .6. That boosts their total score from 89.4 to 90.0. That's still two points behind second and over 3 points behind 1st. Yeah, it might boost Music Analysis and Music Effect a tad bit too, but still, the bottom line is that all the awesome drumming in the world wouldn't make boost this show into first place. The percussion isn't "costing them any chance at the title" because, sadly, they don't have any chance at the title anyway. There's only one group that has any chance of unseating BD this year.

Exactly

Edited by snaredude08
  • Like 2

I'm happy with them no matter the outcome. I really enjoy the show and can see the strides they've made since June. Medaling is a great achievement and only contributes more to their steady climb back to the top.

So how bout that ending? haha just thought I'd try to get back on track with the OP :tongue:

More to come...

see there you go again....just sayin.tongue.gif