Who is poised to surprise!?

Poised to surprise? Oregon Crusaders, SCV, BK.

1. Crown

2. BD

3. SCV

4. Phantom

5. Cadets

6. Coats

7. Madison

8. Boston

9. Cavies

10. BK

11. Spirit

12. Stars

13. Crossmen

14. Academy

15. Glassmen

16. Colts

17. Oregon Crusaders

18. Pacific Crest

19. Jerey Surf (Throws a baby)

20. BDB

21. SCVC

22. Mandarins

23. Cadcades

24. Pioneer

I can see this happening...

I just don't see Crown catching BD. As of last Saturday, Crown still had kids out there jogging from set to set in the opener and the closer... some other spots are just filthy dirty.

BD will be squeaky clean and win by 1.0+

I think SCV could end up in 4th, and I think PR could conceivably catch Crown, if Crown doesn't clean up.

• Like 3

Here is how I see the late season battles:

BD v Crown = Crown can jump BD if drill and drums can clean enough

Phantom v Cadets = Phantom takes this if drums can clean

SCV v Bluecoats = Coats need to clean guard if they hope to jump SCV

Scouts v Cavies v Crusaders = Scouts will likely take this with Cavies (stronger drums) & Crusaders (stronger guard) coming down to the wire

Spirit v BK = Uphill battle for BK but they have a slightly harder show with more room to improve

Blue Stars v Crossmen = Stars have the harder show and Crossmen will need to clean the drums to pass them

Glassmen v Academy = Academy will need to up their visual and drums to pass the Gmen

Colts v PC v Troopers = Whoever can get the late season momentum will take this group

The biggest surprises here would be Crown over BD, BK over Spirit and Crossmen over Bluestars.

This year might be another in which there are as many people watching the battle for 12th as there is watching the battle for the Championship.

I do think that right now it looks like more Corps are in contention for that coveted 12th Finalist spot than are in contention for the coveted Championship.

I still think Cavaliers are going to surprise us. They are just too powerful at the end of the season to not do it. Just ignore the samples and stuff and then watch their show. I think that show is a diamond in the rough. OK maybe not a diamond but they're not going to miss finals that is for sure!

• Like 2

in a year stacked with incredible percussion sections, people think 7th is a disaster.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

Call me a honk, but I think it'll be interesting to see what the Cavies can do going into these last few weeks. Tonight they're coming off 2.5 days of rehearsal time, so hopefully they implemented some much needed changes/GE additions and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the other parts of the show. Will they debut them in Arkansas or wait till Murfreesboro or Atlanta? I don't know. I do think however, that out of all the top 13 right now, this show has the most room to grow and in the process may pull off a few surprises.

Edited by GREENBLUE