Who is poised to surprise!?

I do think that right now it looks like more Corps are in contention for that coveted 12th Finalist spot than are in contention for the coveted Championship.

I think you may be right. As of right now, we could see as many as 5 corps fighting for that last couple of spots in Finals (Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Glassmen, Academy)

I don't think anyone will catch BD this year, though I would be happy if Crown did. I hope SCV moves up ... they have the show to do it. Blue Knights have a show that could move up as well, but I am skeptical that they will be able to make a move.

In all honesty I'm having a hard time believing that BK is an 11th place corps. I was not impressed at the minneapolis regional, and adding techno to firebird suite? Cmon guys... I can't be the only one who thinks that is ridiculous.

Call me a honk, but I think it'll be interesting to see what the Cavies can do going into these last few weeks. Tonight they're coming off 2.5 days of rehearsal time, so hopefully they implemented some much needed changes/GE additions and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the other parts of the show. Will they debut them in Arkansas or wait till Murfreesboro or Atlanta? I don't know. I do think however, that out of all the top 13 right now, this show has the most room to grow and in the process may pull off a few surprises.

Some of the Madison/Boston fans won't like it or want to say it, but I agree. I think they could sneak up these last few weeks as well. Ninja. :ph34r:

I also think Spirit is not likely to move much anywhere, they are clean yes. But they've been clean for weeks and improvements can only be minimal. A trained eye recognizes when a corps peaks.

I think you may be right. As of right now, we could see as many as 5 corps fighting for that last couple of spots in Finals (Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Glassmen, Academy)

Yes. Atlanta Regional this weekend might winnow this down to less than 5... but maybe not. Maybe it'll be 5 all the way to Indy Quarters and Semi's. I think it just might.

I also think Spirit is not likely to move much anywhere, they are clean yes. But they've been clean for weeks and improvements can only be minimal. A trained eye recognizes when a corps peaks.

I LOVE when people make statements like this. I always get a good chuckle. Sorry, no disrespect, but could you tell me about your "trained eye"?

Your logic? Boston and Regiment both came out super clean and remain so. Blue Coats are also pretty darned clean

Though very good, I don't Spirit as clean, and certainly do not see them as a corps that has peaked by any stretch.

Yes. Atlanta Regional this weekend might winnow this down to less than 5... but maybe not. Maybe it'll be 5 all the way to Indy Quarters and Semi's. I think it just might.

Honestly, it could go either way. Blue Stars score has been creeping up, but Crossmen were behind them by .4 at San Antonio, and Glassmen and Academy won't go down without a fight. At least this point, 3 points in a week isn't a huge deficit to erase with lots of rehearsal time.

Call me a honk, but I think it'll be interesting to see what the Cavies can do going into these last few weeks. Tonight they're coming off 2.5 days of rehearsal time, so hopefully they implemented some much needed changes/GE additions and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the other parts of the show. Will they debut them in Arkansas or wait till Murfreesboro or Atlanta? I don't know. I do think however, that out of all the top 13 right now, this show has the most room to grow and in the process may pull off a few surprises.

Cavaliers are in a GREAT position. No pressure, no expectations... just clean it up and see where it can go. The show is not the best design, but let's crank it up and have some fun, guys!

• Like 4

Cavaliers are in a GREAT position. No pressure, no expectations... just clean it up and see where it can go. The show is not the best design, but let's crank it up and have some fun, guys!

That seems to be their outlook for this year. They know they don't have the best product out there, and it seems like everyone has counted them out, so all they have to do is clean their show, and do their gig every day, and see where they land. It would be a great position to be in, although I'm sure they would rather be higher. But they are a multi-time champion, with a staff and members that know how to do well, so we can expect that they know what they're doing out there.

Where did you get your training? Seriously.

I know Spirit is making changes today and adding some additional effects. With a show that has such a high frequency of effects and a #### load of variety already and cleaning yet to do, sounds nothing like peaking to me.