Drum Corps Genie

Phantom 2008 - It was the show that got me truly and completely hooked on drum corps, and I've never seen it live.

Star of Indiana 1993 - For the history. And the brass!

Cadets 1983 - Also for the history, but also because the man who taught me how to drum stood on the end of that snare line.

Darn, this is tough. I'd really have about 10, LOL. Ok,for 3, it's what I consider the 3 once a decade "lightning in a bottle" shows that just swept the whole crowd up with them:

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard - Phantom of the Opera

1995 Madison Scouts - The Bullfight Show

2008 Phantom Regiment - Spartacus

Harvey

I did this fast, so might be slightly off, but here's a running tally:

The leading 3:

1. Regiment 2008 (15 wishes)

2. SCV 1989 (9 wishes)

3. Star 1993 (8 wishes)

Just out of it:

Regiment 1996 (6 wishes)

Star 1991 (6 wishes)

Scouts 1995 (5 wishes)

SCV 1999 (5 wishes)

I did not count 3 wishes for the same corps 3 times, lol

• Like 1

SCV 87

Crossmen 92

Phantom 08

Saw all live, would kill to do so again

Note: Started following DCI in 2007, so I'm a newbie.

-SCV 2009 (saw this at my first live DCI show ever; this show is the reason I fell in love with drum corps; that Simple Gifts company front still remains as the best moment in my short live-DCI experience)

And my two overall favorite shows (I keep on flip-flopping on which one is better in my mind, so for now, they're tied. tongue.gif)

-SCV 1999 (I heard they were absolutely on fire on finals night; the crowd seemed to throw babies everywhere according to the Google Video version of the show)

-Phantom 2008 (watched a June performance on YouTube back in June 2008 and had an extreme liking to it, especially the fast-paced part of the opener; jumped up and down when seeing the finals scores)

Edited by Fobo1991
  • Like 1

Note: Started following DCI in 2007, so I'm a newbie.

-SCV 2009 (saw this at my first live DCI show ever; this show is the reason I fell in love with drum corps; that Simple Gifts company front still remains as the best moment in my short live-DCI experience)

And my two overall favorite shows (I keep on flip-flopping on which one is better in my mind, so for now, they're tied. tongue.gif)

-SCV 1999 (I heard they were absolutely on fire on finals night; the crowd seemed to throw babies everywhere according to the Google Video version of the show)

-Phantom 2008 (watched a June performance on YouTube back in June 2008 and had an extreme liking to it, especially the fast-paced part of the opener; jumped up and down when seeing the finals scores)

AM I to understand you never saw the finals or allentown performance of PR 08? Man ... you can't even compare the June product to the August product and even think that's the same corps. So many layers were added to that show .. and the storyline wound up OVER THE TOP!