Crown is... just okay.

And hey. Some BD fans (including myself) are actively, wholeheartedly into the idea of Crown winning this year, just like many of us were ecstatic when PR won in 08. Greatness is greatness, da-da-da.

Yep. I have no problem with Crown winning when they earn it. They'll have a pretty good opportunity in just under two weeks.

• Like 3

0_2769_f496f7e5_origl3p.gif

Have you ever seen such cruelty?

• Like 1

See, this is where you lose me. Just because someone doesn't like a show doesn't mean they "hate" it, or the corps performing it. BD will do what BD does, CC will do what they do, as will every corps out there. It doesn't mean we have to love them all, or that we "hate" any of them.

I've not enjoyed a BD show in a while, and that's too bad. Outstanding performers, but it's the design of their shows that loses me. Do I "hate" them? Of course not. I'm waiting for sometime in the future when I can say, "Wow! I like this show from BD!" Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long.

Garry in Vegas

Hi Garry, this is a quote just after yours. Makes my point about focusing hatred on BD. Gets old reading this crap, but at least the judges see things in a more objective light.

"When you have a tremendously difficult program accompanied by great performance, then it's not hard to see why people would think Crown should win. If you aren't a BD homer and look at the visual for more than 2 minutes, you realize that BD simply doesn't measure up. You can see that they're incredibly dirty and "nonsense" forms are "justified" by the dada concept. The fact is, it's dirty as hell and they're getting away with it. Furthermore, they have no effect but somehow they are capturing the general effect captions. Maybe that's why they're getting golf-clapped and boos every time scores are announced. There's no doubt about thier performance. These guys are performing at a level unmatched this year. Like holy crap... BD is great on the individual level. But why they're winning GE, I'll never know. Why they're winning Visual, I'll never know. "

Can't we all just get along and enjoy all the different products on the field? If group "X" is not you cup of tea......then wait a few minutes and another unit will on the field.

Let's spend our time wisly by supporting all the MM and less time b!^%$ing.

• Like 1

Many of the people commenting on Crown in this post should be glad that a couple of die hard Crown loyalist are at Nightbeat tonight and not on DCP, otherwise you all would be getting a lot of negativity from a least one person who bothers me on a continuous basis :P. Some people take loyalty to their corps as a life and death issue. SO STUPID!!!!!

:thumbup:

Stay Classy man.....

• Like 4

It was Scythian Suite. It has never worked for me. I loved the Biebl Ave Maria!

EDIT.....

Oh crap...I see what I did, I MEANT PR 2006! I was off an entire decade!!!! Wow, No I love PR 96 :)

Okay. THAT makes more sense. :thumbup:

And some people like yourself, marched with Crown and have no loyalty at all.

Oh...I have loyalty just to different and more important things now. It's called GROWING UP! I'm not a pseudo-adult anymore. Nor am I stuck in the past. If Crown is one of the most significant or only things to which you can be loyal, it seems depressing.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 2

Hey hey... I criticize the corps. 2002 and 2004 come to mind. We aren't all blind loyalists.

Don't get me started on the lack of a TRUE alumni association

THANK YOU for this comment. Please Crown blind loyalist GROW UP!!!

• Like 1

There seems to be a lovefest going on for Carolina Crown's show. While their show is good--it just doesn't grab me.

I saw it for the 2nd time tonight on FN and just thought that their show sounded like a Mighty Ducks movie. While that's not necessarily a bad thing (Mighty Ducks DO win in the end every time) but I just cannot get into their music.

And it also seems like they are running for absolutely no reason--they're good, don't get me wrong--but I just cannot connect their music with their show.

Perhaps I just don't get it--since I am certainly not the most musically educated here, but the simple truth is that I don't really dig their show BUT I can appreciate their hard work.

If I were to judge, I'd have them below BD, Cadets, and Phantom with SCV possibly taking them over if their drill and guard (especially guard) clean up. Good thing I am not a judge though because I have no idea how to differentiate between the subtleties. BD's brass vs. Crowns and everyone else? Nope, I can't tell the difference who's better.

I hope I don't catch a lot of crap for not liking Crown's show.

You are not alone. I was much more impressed with Crown after I saw them live (of course) than I was from online viewing. As everyone says their hornline is amazing but as a drummer I have to say amazing but not really any more impressive than the Blue Devils, Phantom, or Cadets. I obviously don't have the "refined" ear to tell why they are proclaimed to be on such a higher level. The show does still seem "forced" in that there is a lot of scrambling and running around for no apparent reason. Way too much "body movement" (for me anyway) but then again I don't really like that from any corps. It's a talented group of performers for sure but I don't feel the design is the "home run" many are claiming it to be.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2