If You Could See any Three Sr/All-Age Shows

On the DCI side there is a fun thread about finding a DC savvy Genie who lets you watch any three shows you want live. Thought it's well past time to try it over here.

My three:

1978 Westshoremen @ AL Nats in New Orleans SuperDome - were the acoustics as freakin' horrible as it sounded on the field. Turn away from the DM the first time and which is the echo(es) and which is the real beat. :shutup: Still won thou - sorry Chicago Connection...

1952 Westshoremen @ VFW Nats in Los Angeles - oldest audio I have is 1954 and want to see and hear the show where they won VFW. (Don't tell the Genie I'm sneaking in a tape recorder.)

1972 Rochester Crusaders at Racine right before AL Nats (kind of a pattern here). Have the cassette and stil haven't gotten around to listening but want to see if the show was as "on" as Tom P says. Also want to hear how loud that "Holy ####" was from the stands. :devil:

On the DCI side there is a fun thread about finding a DC savvy Genie who lets you watch any three shows you want live. Thought it's well past time to try it over here.

My three:

1978 Westshoremen @ AL Nats in New Orleans SuperDome - were the acoustics as freakin' horrible as it sounded on the field. Turn away from the DM the first time and which is the echo(es) and which is the real beat. :shutup: Still won thou - sorry Chicago Connection...

1952 Westshoremen @ VFW Nats in Los Angeles - oldest audio I have is 1954 and want to see and hear the show where they won VFW. (Don't tell the Genie I'm sneaking in a tape recorder.)

1972 Rochester Crusaders at Racine right before AL Nats (kind of a pattern here). Have the cassette and stil haven't gotten around to listening but want to see if the show was as "on" as Tom P says. Also want to hear how loud that "Holy ####" was from the stands. :devil:

:ph34r:

Hey there stranger - if you don't want to believe Tom (since he was marching), you can take it from MOI - I was sitting on the 45 about3 rows from the front...Phenomenal performance...I didn't hear the kid - until I listened to the CD. It's right after they they finished Battle Hymn going into the next drum break, IIRC..

Hope you're coming to Annapolis - need to catch up my friend! :thumbup:

Pat

:ph34r:

Hey there stranger - if you don't want to believe Tom (since he was marching), you can take it from MOI - I was sitting on the 45 about3 rows from the front...Phenomenal performance...I didn't hear the kid - until I listened to the CD. It's right after they they finished Battle Hymn going into the next drum break, IIRC..

Hope you're coming to Annapolis - need to catch up my friend! :thumbup:

Pat

I better believe Tom as he knows what I look like :ph34r: Burning that cassette to CD (have a burner) is on my To Do list... along with 1,000 other things. But now I know when to listen for it. :worthy:

Missed last DCA (and seeing MBI win it :sad: ) but set this year to go (four weeks to go and nothing has gone bad yet). Took the year off due to bunch of family members ailing in 2011/2012 but the Lancers still considers me 'in' so have hotel and tickets with the corps. Kris and I need to have a relaxing weekend as she's getting outpatient done on a nerve under her elbow that's giving her fits. See the doc two days before we leave and surgery two days after we get back.

So YES!! we need to meet up at the MBI souvie tent to catch up Buddy. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

'84 Cabs - My favorite show EVER :worthy:

'81 Hurricanes - Amazing performance. I know there are still some bad feelings even 31 years later about the way they came out of "nowhere" to take the title that year, but they proved the old saw, "On any given night . . . ". And it would be so cool to see Pepe Notaro ham it up again!

'91 Cabs - My favorite show to have performed in. Someone would have to be me, though, so I could see it :tongue:

• Like 1

Would like to see 71 Sky at DCA Championships. Heard the record at Felton "Sonny" Owens place in NYC a year or two later. Holy C%$P, talk about power!

Also 1969 Yankee Rebels. Probably the Dream cause I loved that place. That just goes without sayin'.

This one's a little bias. 1968 Sunrisers at the Dream. Only because it felt so #### good that day and the top 4 corps were only 4 tenths apart. Besides, ya never get to see yerself march. Heh. :tongue:

Cabs........1991...visuallyand musically great year

Why, thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so :smile:

• Like 1

1966 Reading Buccaneers

1969 Yankee Rebels

and

1996 Madison Scouts

Hmmmm ... where did they finish at DCA that year?

:-)