Isn't there a major show tonight in Allentown?

Devils will end up with 98.something to win (no new record this year), Crown 1.5-2.0 points behind. Judges gave Crown a shot to close the deal, and they didn't.

PR/Cadets, pick 'em, about 3 points off the lead

SCV and Bluecoats are both safe and immovable. Their spread from 3/4 should stay about the same, but between each other, open in Vanguard's favor,

Rosemont will open up the lead on Boston back to about 1.5, Madison might be able to take Crusaders with a bump in GE at Finals, otherwise, I'm betting that group stays pretty much where they are in relation to each other.

Spirit, BK, and BS solid in 10th-12th, about 2 points separating them top to bottom.

Yes, I am afraid you are right. What we see after Allentown will be what we see at Finals. I just can't accept where Madison is. They are way better than a ninth place corps. What the hell????

• Like 1

Yes, I am afraid you are right. What we see after Allentown will be what we see at Finals. I just can't accept where Madison is. They are way better than a ninth place corps. What the hell????

Give it a rest already, if they were over a point and a half it would be something, less than a point? It's not that bad...

• Like 1

Cavies second in brass again? That's more than a little strange. I thought they were usually down in below Madison?

Also, JJ has been putting SCV's percussion down most of the season, seems like they win when he's not judging. Wonder if he's doing Finals week?

SCV took GE visual and colorguard, Cadets took everything else. Guess there still is an open door for Santa Clara to medal in Indy?

SCV took GE visual and colorguard, Cadets took everything else. Guess there still is an open door for Santa Clara to medal in Indy?

There's a chance for them to get 4th, yes. I don't think they will pass both Cadets and PR.

Although, if you look at tonight's recap, GE Music judge #2 basically called the show between SCV and Cadets. If his numbers had matched the other GE music judge, SCV would only have been behind by 3 tenths or so.

Give it a rest already, if they were over a point and a half it would be something, less than a point? It's not that bad...

Maybe Magpo didn't play percussion and that might explain it. Cavs Percussion line is primarily what is keeping them ahead of Boston and his Madison Scouts. If he could read a recap from all the shows he'd realize this. That said, why people get all worked up on something they have no control over is curious to me. BD is going to win. After that, everybody else is an also ran. If you can't win, then finish in the top 12..... somewhere. That gets your favorite Corps onto the DVD and future storage on Fan Network. When I go back to watch and listen to some shows, I don't select them by their placements that year. There are high placing shows that have been completely forgotten my me. But there are some relatively lower placing shows I'll never forget and I play them when I'm in the mood. If Magpo loves Madison Scouts that cool. Whether they finish 5th or 10th really shouldn't matter unless he has family in the Corps. If a Corps finishes higher in placement but is not particularly liked, is that really better than ( for example ) Jeresy Surf ? Would the performers in Jersey Surf give up their audience responses this year in their show to finish 3 or 4 placement spots higher with Corps that have shows that are essentially unmemorable for the nation's fans ? I would hope not. I have no idea where Jersey Surf finished tonite, as I havn't looked at their scores and placements. I don't care too. It really deoesn't matter to me. I already know what I need to know re. Jersey Surf. Magpo here should feel the same way with his Madison Scouts, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Cavies second in brass again? That's more than a little strange. I thought they were usually down in below Madison?

This week, they've beaten SCV in brass twice, and Cadets once. There seems to be some movement in the horn numbers.

There's a chance for them to get 4th, yes. I don't think they will pass both Cadets and PR.

Although, if you look at tonight's recap, GE Music judge #2 basically called the show between SCV and Cadets. If his numbers had matched the other GE music judge, SCV would only have been behind by 3 tenths or so.

You could be right. It seems like one GE music judge liked what they were doing, and the other one did not like what they were doing at all. It seems to have been that way lately, where one judge will really like their musical package, and the other hates it.

There's still a week, if you put the scores from the two nights together, SCV is actually closer to Phantom than Cadets, so there's a chance I guess of third. 4th is still moving in the right direction for that corps.

This week, they've beaten SCV in brass twice, and Cadets once. There seems to be some movement in the horn numbers.

Yes, but it seems like Cavaliers' brass numbers are really jumping around this last couple of weeks. Like one night they'll hit everything perfectly, and then the next night, they'll have one kid go rogue and play last year's brass book instead.