Isn't there a major show tonight in Allentown?

Would you like to reveal here what you said on the alleged teaching style at Jersey Surf... and many of the marchers ALLEGED response to this ? Or do you want to conveniently leave this part out for public comsumption ?

Sure...nothing that other staffs havent heard at times..I said THEY told me that they wanted to succeed and didnt think they had the staff to clean them peoperly........THEY said...what part of THEY didnt you get...so now youre the one who had to make a private statement public when I specifically told you in the message that I was saying it there and not here out of respect..Ive learned never to PM you with an adult conversation Because its so obvious all you want is to be right....and there is no right or wrong in the activty just differnt.....done !

• Like 1

Sure...nothing that other staffs havent heard at times..I said THEY told me that they wanted to succeed and didnt think they had the staff to clean them peoperly........THEY said...what part of THEY didnt you get...so now youre the one who had to make a private statement public when I specifically told you in the message that I was saying it there and not here out of respect..Ive learned never to PM you with an adult conversation Because its so obvious all you want is to be right....and there is no right or wrong in the activty just differnt.....done !

I've moved on from this silliness now.

Great thoughts, and thanks for tweeting all night for us!!!!

I always loved the Allentown crowd, but it sounds like tonight they were really giving it up for the performers. :thumbup:

I think you're honestly right, and I've been saying the same stuff. The new sheets are cool and all, but as long as we have the same judges reading them, nothing is going to change. Surf's show really knows how to get everyone on their feet, and really connects with fans young and old (I mean, combining Chuck Mangione and LMFAO in the same show?) and it's a joke that they aren't scoring better in the effect and audience engagement sections of the sheets. But I'm one of those people who would rather have the fans standing and clapping and cheering for me than having a medal around my neck Saturday night. I'd rather influence the 20,000~ people who came to see me at Finals rather than the 10 judges who think they know what the fans really want. GO SURF! :thumbup:

Trust me, that is EXACTLY how the kids feel. I was on the field when they came off on Saturday (w/ Bridgemen) and , to a person, they came off with the attitude of "Well, we just won that show". Not cocky or anything, but the crowd doesn't lie. That was the biggest crowd reaction I have seen since Madison in 97. (I didn't get to see Phantom live in 08). I got chills and some dust in my eye just standing there watching the kids get that kind of response. They will never, ever forget this summer.

EDIT:

Never mind, responded before I saw that this discussion has more than played out. Great discussion by the way (save the ugliness near the end there...)

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

And as for "audience engagement", if it was TRULY being judged correctly, Jersey Surf would have been scored in the top 5 in effect music and effect visual. Sure, they were 19th in all three performance captions and both ensembles, but they were absolutely, without a doubt SCREWED by the effect judges.

It's clear to me now that the new sheets are worthless if it's the same old judges doing what they do. Surf owned the crowd tonight, above all other corps, which again wasn't easy with performances by Madison, SCV and Cadets.

I am now officially on the bandwagon in favor of a MAJOR overhaul of the judging system.

I'm thinking of setting up 5-6 more DCP accounts so I can give you more green plus marks for this statement! :worthy:

Edited by Grandpa