Massillon...the final tune up!

Man, they're doing some serious moving around that's NOT like marching. It's almost like Robbie Billings was back on staff.

Still think BK's drumline should be scoring higher, Hardimon has really created a great line, Snare line especially.

Musically, I really like this show. They've taken an already demanding piece in Firebird and added some serious work to it.

• Like 1

And, yes, they're doing the knee prep.

Drum line is really ramming. They also have a great attitude when they play. Mr. Hardimon has been working on their persona on the field, I bet.

Firebird IS a ballet, after all.

Very true. I just thought they had taken a different direction when Robbie left.

Wow, a very intense drill moment, fast paced and very close quarter.

Crowd really liked the hit that just happened, too. This is another one where they start with scratching their head and the corps wins them over by the end.

• Like 1

I see the drum majors still do the knee prep for their salute. Does the corps do that when they march still?

I think it's interesting that not many people catch that, or at least have commented on it. Last summer, it was in the show twice, and this summer it is in there once. My speculation is that Sully throws that in as a tribute to the "old-school" Blue Knights.

So, would quips like "this show is out of this world!" be too much? :D

• Like 1

Lovely baritone solo. Is it still micced or is he/she playing accoustically?