Massillon...the final tune up!

Man, if Phantom's percussion was up even near the Cadets' level in score we'd have ourselves a decent ballgame up top. I think it'd give them some good momentum, but I'm not sure it can be adjusted this late. (I know, beating a dead horse, but this show provided a very good showcase for this bit of data)

From a friend at the show:

Cadets- 93.80

Phantom- 93.75

Bluecoats- 91.95

Boston- 87.10

BK- 86.05

Academy- 79.45

Pacific- 78.40

Pioneer- 69.20

Wonder what the guys in the green shirts are planning.

Just got back from show...WOW!!! You can tell it's finals week. The corps really brought it tonight in front of a great crowd. (Another full house)

I've been attending shows since '74 and this was one of the best. :thumbup:

It's late, but a special shout out to the Bluecoats. This corps was on fire tonight!!! Up 1.65 points from Allentown and MOST DESERVED. I don't think they're done making a move. Indy could be VERY fun for them.

A special congrats to the Coats drumline on winning tonight's show :worthy: I think the Fred Sanford trophy is TOTALLY up for grabs between Coats, SCV, Cadets, Crown and BD. I belive at some point each of those 5 have been top dog...and the judges

are calling it as they hear it from night to night.

Getting ready to head to Massillon with a trunk full of almost 1400 homemade cookies for the Coats...should keep them going all the way to Indy :thumbup:

Knowing kids in drum corps, those should be gone by the time the buses pull out tonight. Lol.

The volunteers and sponsors of drum corps can never be thanked enough!

I think you're nailed it :tongue:

1,400 cookies < 150 drum corps kids immediately after a show.

After the performance they gave tonight...they deserved a special treat.

Oh, WOW!! They are gonna have cookies out the ear lobes :devil:My oldest's girlfriend and I just spent the day making chocolate chip cookies to take to Centerville tomorrow!!!

That's great...I'm sure they'll be ready for them. I don't think the ones we took them made it out of Massillon :tongue:

I think it's interesting that not many people catch that, or at least have commented on it. Last summer, it was in the show twice, and this summer it is in there once. My speculation is that Sully throws that in as a tribute to the "old-school" Blue Knights.