BD - What to Look For?

Dadaism isn't abstract really.

I wouldn't call a toilet abstract tongue.gif

It's not abstract at all. It's very concrete - and all about telling the viewer that everything they treasure when it comes to art, society, and religion can be turned into total nonsense with the simple flick of a wrist.

If Devils were actually trying to be Dadaist this year, they'd be making fun of the idea of drum corps' value of 'clean' by being as absolutely ridiculously filthy as they possibly could.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 5

Dadaism isn't abstract really.

I wouldn't call a toilet abstract tongue.gif

Unless you flip it on its back and call it a water fountain, as the Dadaists did. :lookaround:

It's not abstract at all. It's very concrete - and all about telling the viewer that everything they treasure when it comes to art, society, and religion can be turned into total nonsense with the simple flick of a wrist.

If Devils were actually trying to be Dadaist this year, they'd be making fun of the idea of drum corps' value of 'clean' by being as absolutely ridiculously filthy as they possibly could.

This man gets it. Thumbs up for you. thumbup.gif

• Like 2

Would they get more points if they did that?!

Dude, at this point in the activity theres no real definition on what a "drum corps" show is....

Then again there's not really a definition on what "Yoko Ono" is w00t.gif

I'll definitely agree to your second point.

I think first and foremost, a drum corps show is supposed to entertain the masses, not mainly the alumni of the group with some other here and there.

But that's just my opinion. Wasn't too upset that I had to miss the theatre tonight, except I didn't get to see Bones show this year.

Would they get more points if they did that?!

No. Which is why their show is nothing but posing. From that standpoint, it'd be ripe for someone else to REALLY make fun of it, if only Velvet Knights were still around to do it. Hey Jersey Surf, I have an idea for you for next season...

I like much of Devils show this year in spite of its posing, but I like the traditional drum corps elements of it. The 'concept' is pure WGI.

No. Which is why their show is nothing but posing. From that standpoint, it'd be ripe for someone else to REALLY make fun of it, if only Velvet Knights were still around to do it. Hey Jersey Surf, I have an idea for you for next season...

I like much of Devils show this year in spite of its posing, but I like the traditional drum corps elements of it. The 'concept' is pure WGI.

I'd say the show isn't dada but rather a modern interpretation of the dada movement.

POST-DADAISM? OH GOD BD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

As the art nerd that I am, I approve.

Edited by Njfritz