Congratulations Blue Devils

not that this comparison hasn't been made already, but all of this talk sounds exactly like what was experienced with Star in 1993. The amount of criticism, the "what the heck was that?" comments... and especially the booing! What if Star would have won that year? I think that's where we are now.

I believe that BD's show is simply spectacular and on a completely different level than the rest - similar to the way Star of Indiana was 19 years ago! Although many fans are not really in favor of what BD is doing this year, my guess is that 2, 5, 10 years from now, everyone will be talking about how phenomenal the 2012 BD program was and maybe some people who have expressed their displeasure with the show today will come back later and say something else. Who knows? Whether they are 1st or 2nd after tomorrow's finals, it will surely be a show that people will continue to talk about for many years to come. That's just what I believe.

WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE STUPID DISCLAIMERS???? If you have an opinion, state it. Who cares what anyone thinks? This is a FORUM last time I checked. Geez.

Anyway, I have watched BD's show and I can't really get into it, but I haven't really been into a BD show since 2007. But they're performing the hell out of it and they deserve to finish where they are. Crown show is spectacular but is not clean enough to take the title IMO. But anything can happen. If BD takes it, I'll be more than happy to congratulate them on #15. :devil:

• Like 3

not that this comparison hasn't been made already, but all of this talk sounds exactly like what was experienced with Star in 1993. The amount of criticism, the "what the heck was that?" comments... and especially the booing! What if Star would have won that year?

Lol... no.

This reminds me of sports message boards when a coach starts out his first few years fairly poorly and fans are getting restless. Apologists will come out and say "Coach K was only getting 10-11 wins in his second and third seasons at Duke. Give him time!". Yes, this is true, but for every coach K that waiting is good for, there are easily 10 more that you should just cut your losses and move on from. I think i've read this Star93 line about BD every year the last few years, multiple times. At some point its time to admit that BD's design isn't the "Coach K" of designs and its not the crowd's fault for not 'getting it', and its high time they follow George Hopkins's lead and return to the drum corps we all love.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

not that this comparison hasn't been made already, but all of this talk sounds exactly like what was experienced with Star in 1993. The amount of criticism, the "what the heck was that?" comments... and especially the booing! What if Star would have won that year? I think that's where we are now.

Really? Because I feel like people have made that comparison about BD every year since 08.

• Like 1

I believe that BD's show is simply spectacular and on a completely different level than the rest - similar to the way Star of Indiana was 19 years ago! Although many fans are not really in favor of what BD is doing this year, my guess is that 2, 5, 10 years from now, everyone will be talking about how phenomenal the 2012 BD program was and maybe some people who have expressed their displeasure with the show today will come back later and say something else. Who knows? Whether they are 1st or 2nd after tomorrow's finals, it will surely be a show that people will continue to talk about for many years to come. That's just what I believe.

I completely enjoy the show. Judging by the recaps they are peaking right now too!

Gotta say I really enjoyed this BD show more than last year. They are better in all sections in

my opinion, and the show pulls you in more. The hornline sounded lush and powerful...maybe theit best ever. For those that say Crown has a better hornline, I don't know, I would put both at the same level, but different. BD has always had a brighter sound that I associate with jazz orchestras/big bands...and I tend to prefer that. There are a couple places where the Trumpets soar on a unison note above a Baritone cluster chord...and my spine melts!

Good job BD. It will be close the next two nights!