Beating the Blue Devils

Since BD won their first title in 1976, not very many corps have beaten them. In 35 years since their first Championship, all things considered, not that many groups have beaten them, and in a few cases, they were only beaten once at a lone midseason show.

This thread is a work in progress, but here is a very preliminary list of the corps that have beaten BD since they won their first title, and the year when they last beat them. I know some of the years are not 100% accurate, so any corrections would be helpful. I'll make the corrections tomorrow evening. Here are the corps who have beaten BD since they won their first DCI title, and the last year where they defeated the Devils:

Cadets, 2011

Cavaliers, 2011

Carolina Crown, 2011

Phantom Regiment, 2008

Santa Clara Vanguard, 2007

Bluecoats, 2007

Star of Indiana, 1993

Crossmen, 1991

Madison Scouts, 1991

27th Lancers, 1980

Bridgemen, 1978

• Like 1

Since BD won their first title in 1976, not very many corps have beaten them. In 35 years since their first Championship, all things considered, not that many groups have beaten them, and in a few cases, they were only beaten once at a lone midseason show.

This thread is a work in progress, but here is a very preliminary list of the corps that have beaten BD since they won their first title, and the year when they last beat them. I know some of the years are not 100% accurate, so any corrections would be helpful. I'll make the corrections tomorrow evening. Here are the corps who have beaten BD since they won their first DCI title, and the last year where they defeated the Devils:

Cadets, 2011

Cavaliers, 2011

Carolina Crown, 2011

Phantom Regiment, 2008

Bluecoats, 2007

Star of Indiana, 1993

Crossmen, 1991

Madison Scouts, 1991

27th Lancers, 1980

Bridgemen, 1978

Don't forget Carolina Crown 2012 oh wait, nevermind lol.

• Like 4

Don't forget Carolina Crown 2012 oh wait, nevermind lol.

Completely uncalled for. No one is bashing anyone here and you had to be that guy.

In response to the thread, this is very interesting and I am interested to see the CIVIL discussion that ensues.

• Like 5

Did Spirit never top the Blue Devils? I thought that they must have back in the 70s.

Man 2011 was a fun year competitively wasn't it! No one undefeated and changing leaders!

Do yourself a favor, stay out of the DCA forums. If you don't like Devils having great runs, you'd have a stroke when you see what the Reading Buccaneers have been up to since June of 2005.

• Like 2

Did Spirit never top the Blue Devils? I thought that they must have back in the 70s.

Nope .... Beat them in brass all first tour IN CALIFORNIA! Then they shifted gears .... and Spirit ended up in 3rd behind Phantom and BD

Completely uncalled for. No one is bashing anyone here and you had to be that guy.

In response to the thread, this is very interesting and I am interested to see the CIVIL discussion that ensues.

I was only kidding. Lighten up and have a sense of humor! Geez!

• Like 4

Cadets, 2011

Cavaliers, 2011

Carolina Crown, 2011

Phantom Regiment, 2008

Bluecoats, 2007

Star of Indiana, 1993

Crossmen, 1991

Madison Scouts, 1991

27th Lancers, 1980

Bridgemen, 1978

Wow ... I didn't realize that Bridgemen beat BD back then .... Any info on that?