A plea to *insert corps name here*

Crown: Bring back purple in the uniform. :)

Agreed! I loved this year's production in every way, but something about having different colors for tops and bottoms make drill so much easier to read. Even the Cadets this year had enough maroon on their tops to make solid differentiation between upper body and legs. That and my rookie year was year one of purple, so I'd be thrilled if they broke it out again.

*edited for typo

Edited by Cron

Crown: Bring back purple in the uniform. :)

I liked those uniforms. I didn't know it was purple but that is one color I can't see unless it has lots of red in it.

Phantom Regiment: I know SCV has already done it, but I'd LOVE to see Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra on the field again. Better yet, now that we are in a totally different era, expand the theme with more creativity and expression.

Heck, I'd even like to see a whole show with a British theme. So many composers to choose from.

William Byrd

Thomas Tallis

Handel

Purcell

RV Williams

Edward Elgar

Benjamin Britten

And more....

Phantom Regiment: You almost always win the hearts of the fans, and I know will continue to do so. That being said, please stay away from a storyline/overly themed show next year! Pick some great passionate music and just let that be your show (a la 2003). Would love to see a show without being beaten over the head with a theme or storyline and you are just the corps to do it. Also, give us something fresh. It's great to hear the classics that you've done in your history, but it's time to make some new classics! One more thing... don't let ANYBODY say that your drill is easy next year! :devil:

wait I lied, one more thing. DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR VISUAL/GUARD/BRASS team goes NO WHERE! And be careful with percussion, if you can land casella/ancona or aungst or someone like that that has already proven that their lines belong at the top, then great. But if not, why take another shot in the dark? And give Jamey Thompson a hug, because he is your savior.

I make my annual request demand that Regiment do Janacek's "Sinfonietta"....they have yet to listen to me, however! :tongue:

• Like 2

I'd love to see anyone do an all Zappa show! (Surf maybe)?

You share the same artistic vision for drum corps as I. I have been waiting for this for so long. "Peaches en Regalia", "G-Spot Tornado", heck on THAT note, the entirety of Yellow Shark. Zappa's stuff screams to be arranged for drum corps, it would work SO well.

• Like 1

I've had this request ever since 2006:

The Cavaliers - "Deus Ex Machina," a show using all original music and reestablishing themselves as the Green Machine. It would be like "MACHINE" had a baby, gave it some high tech toys (Because electronics weren't allowed until three years after), and made a creation of not only a machine, but a god of machines.

For a few others:

Santa Clara Vanguard: "Love Never Dies," the story of what happens after "The Phantom of the Opera," using music of Webber's musical entitled "Love Never Dies."

The Cadets: "Child's Play," the music of David Holsinger's three dances for his children (Nilesdance, Havendance, and I always forget the third one.)

Bluecoats: "Imaginaerum," the music of Nightwish. I think it would be incredible to see that kind of music of the field. And this corps seems like it has the type of sound to do the job.

THIS!!! The story is terrible, but the music is WONDERFUL