A plea to *insert corps name here*

Just wondering what people would like to see from certain corps: try not to be a jerk about it.

Blue Devils: You are the most successful drum corps in the business, and have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove. One more ring is not going to prove anybody anything. What you have not been successful at recently though is winning the audience. While there may be a few who don't like you because you're so dang good, most are just unhappy with your shows. Remember in 05-07 era when most people did not like the cadets? even when they won in 05? well that was much different than when they won in 2011, everybody loved them. That proves that it's not the corps, it's the shows. What I'm getting at.... do a show to win back your audience! We want to love you, we really do. You guys are incredible performers, incredible teachers, incredible designers, not matter what you do, it's going to be great with the judges. You will not be less competitive for doing a show that fans love... I would argue that you would be MORE competitive. So BD.... make us love you in 2013... just do it. Please? It's been a while since we've seen a good latin show *hint, hint*

------------

Phantom Regiment: You almost always win the hearts of the fans, and I know will continue to do so. That being said, please stay away from a storyline/overly themed show next year! Pick some great passionate music and just let that be your show (a la 2003). Would love to see a show without being beaten over the head with a theme or storyline and you are just the corps to do it. Also, give us something fresh. It's great to hear the classics that you've done in your history, but it's time to make some new classics! One more thing... don't let ANYBODY say that your drill is easy next year! :devil:

wait I lied, one more thing. DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR VISUAL/GUARD/BRASS team goes NO WHERE! And be careful with percussion, if you can land casella/ancona or aungst or someone like that that has already proven that their lines belong at the top, then great. But if not, why take another shot in the dark? And give Jamey Thompson a hug, because he is your savior.

---------

madison: I was going to say pay homage to your history not by re-living those past shows, but create something fresh that will become a classic just like those shows in your history.... apparently, too late.

I may get some flack from this but living in the past gets old to me after a couple of years.

-------

sorry for any typing/grammar errors I was typing this very quickly.

Wow, I'm impressed! You actually started a semi-decent thread. :P

I agree wholeheartedly with the highlighted portion. He puts people where they need to be and his work is the epitome of motivated movement & pictorial integrity. Edit: Don't forget to thank that guard staff!

PLEASE SWEET BABY JESUS, let Regiment do something else other than a story next year! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! That ship has sailed.

So what would I like instead of a storyline show? I dunno just yet...but I'll update later.

Edited by chaos001

Dear Madison,

Please resist all urge to do a throw-back show for your big anniversary next year. You've done enough of them. I don't want to hear a bunch of tunes you played better in 1995 or 1988 or whenever.

Love,

Adam

Dear Blue Devils,

Don't change a thing. I think you're amazing.

Love,

Adam

• Like 5

Dear Madison,

Please resist all urge to do a throw-back show for your big anniversary next year. You've done enough of them. I don't want to hear a bunch of tunes you played better in 1995 or 1988 or whenever.

Love,

Adam

Dear Blue Devils,

Don't change a thing. I think you're amazing.

Love,

Adam

I agree with madison... too late though, they already announced next year. :rock:

• Like 1

You're quite right, my mistake. But I hadn't known (until now) that they'd attempted it before!

Yep, their whole show was based on it in 1985. Unfortunately, it was not one of their stronger corps. Would love to see what they could do with it in this day and age.

Also, Danse Macabre has been done, but not by World Class corps (7th Regiment did it in 2012, according to CorpsReps)

Yep, their whole show was based on it in 1985. Unfortunately, it was not one of their stronger corps. Would love to see what they could do with it in this day and age.

Also, Danse Macabre has been done, but not by World Class corps (7th Regiment did it in 2012, according to CorpsReps)

I went back and watched that '85 PR show - great kids but I felt like the book came up short of the source material (and that seems incredible to me). Today's corps could do a much better job with this, I'm sure.

It would be awesomely fun to be a fly on the wall when the staff makes their programming decisions for the new season - what the list of possible choices is, and what criteria they use in making decisions.

Cadets: 12.26--The Day We All Return Our Presents.

I can imagine it already:

Movement 1- The Ugly Sweater My Sister-in-law Gave Me

Movement 2- Into the Crowded Mall

Movement 3- Arrival at the Refunds/Exchanges Counter

Movement 4- Sorry, Sir, You Can't Exchange that Item

Movement 5- In Anger, the Ugly Sweater is Thrown into the Closet, Never to Offend the Eyes Again

In all seriousness, I liked "12.25" and it was my favorite show of the year. However, I would like to see the Cadets do something epic next year, on the same scale their 2011 show was.

• Like 2

Pio could do so much more with the Dropkick tune they did this past year. I'd also like to see them step into the entire Milwaukee heritage for a show instead of just the Irish 3rd Ward heritage...

I can imagine it already:

Movement 1- The Ugly Sweater My Sister-in-law Gave Me

Movement 2- Into the Crowded Mall

Movement 3- Arrival at the Refunds/Exchanges Counter

Movement 4- Sorry, Sir, You Can't Exchange that Item

Movement 5- In Anger, the Ugly Sweater is Thrown into the Closet, Never to Offend the Eyes Again

In all seriousness, I liked "12.25" and it was my favorite show of the year. However, I would like to see the Cadets do something epic next year, on the same scale their 2011 show was.

Agreed. The music from the summer hit made my iTunes list for the winter but now we want more.

Also, I dearly wish that some corps would consider a tribute show for Michael Brecker. He was not well connected to the activity, but he was a prodigious jazz performer and a thoughtful composer. He passed away a little while ago, far too young.

His recent album of music for a larger ensemble, WIDE ANGLES, has several gems. My very favorite of his work is his disc with McCoy Tyner, INFINITY. Also I think he has some writing credits for the group STEPS AHEAD that might be worthwhile.