Why did that corps play THAT SHOW?

2004 Spirit: The Architecture of Life

Not only did I not like it, I marched it, and I feel qualified to say... it was a bad show.

For anyone who remembers that show... traffic cop. Enough said. Although the lyrics the hornline made up to go with the bizarre music were pretty good.

Something about arranging America the Beautiful for the field seems off (and disrespectful) to me...

I suppose this sort of demonstrates how far we have come ( or gone, depending upon one's perspective ) in the Drum Corps activity.

Edited by BRASSO

1995 Blue Knights - just a miserable summer all the way around...

"I see dots.... everywhere!"

Edited by BbTrpt1

1979 : The Troopers do " Theme from Hair "... including " Aquarius ". They made Finals in 12th with it, but fell out of the Top 12 after that season, before returning to their western themed motif a couple of years later with a little better competitive success.

There is a natural immediate disconnect with a NY Broadway show theme about Hippies being done by The Troopers Drum Corps from Caspar Wyoming. That said, Aquarius was actually pretty well done I thought despite the " what the heck are THEY thinking ?" reaction by many to that year's show theme by The Troopers.

Edited by BRASSO

Wasn't that Legacy? That fake jazz show?

LOL..... I remember hearing people rehash their stories from 95.... Drumline was like top notch that summer...

• Like 1

BK 2003- Kaval Sviri- AMAZING, best opening minute from any BK show, after that zzzzzzzzzz.... Love you BK but it's the truth:)

Phantom 98- Super watered down Pines of Rome and pretty weak hornline that year... #### them they beat us finals night! Haha

Boston 2000- Don't kill me, but I thought it was just ok... I guess the excitement of how good they got pushed this show up a peg or two, but meh. I really liked BAC 99!

Blue Devils 92- Again don't kill me but I wasn't all that impressed with the Molest Fest at the end. People loved it though and they were really good!

SCV- 2002-2003, just loved the 01 New Era show. Doesn't get enough attention honestly, but the esoteric shows the next two years were blah. Do remember a cool flag that had elastic and made for neat effects:)

I'm going to stick to my era and only comment on the 90's

Worst Shows were:

1990-Blue Devils-Tommy (just didn't like it)

1991-Cadets again, just didn't get it.

1992-Phantom which spawned the most loved "I march with Phantom cuz I can't play jazz, I march with Phantom cuz I like Strait lines" (to 1812 for those that don't know ;-p)

Though I have to give David St Angle MAD PROPS for flipping off the entire stadium on live TV during retreat when they announced Phantom in 8th, God if only Youtube were around back then!

1993-Glassmen

1994-SCV, the Red Poppy? Really?

1995-The Madison Scouts, they were just too #### loud that year ;-p j/k Though seriously, 95 was one of the few years were I could actually watch everyones show and not fast foward thru the boring ones, was a great year for drum corps!

1996- Tie for SCV and Cavies, I put those shows on whenever I'm having trouble going to sleep!

1997-Blue Knight, not a Ben Hur fan and it just wasn't my cup-o-tea (though that would have been a funnier comment for Crown that year doing a british show, but the 97 Crown show was my favorite crown show up until Rache Star)

1998-Colts, another snooze fest

1999-Everyone but BD, SCV and Cadets

And with that I will bid you happy Friday now that I have exhausted my 3 hr lunch and I'm late getting started on organzing my paper clip collection. Thanks to whoever started this #### storm of a thread! lol

Edited by pnmtech
  • Like 1