Why did that corps play THAT SHOW?

I have a problem when corps play music that my daughters marching band played while in the stands during a football game, either my daughters band is REALLY good, or the drum corps picked some EASY music.......I think the second is the answer.....

You don't like Bluecoats '08 :ph34r: ?

All joking aside (btw I do like BC '08), it's all about the arrangments. Sure, I remember playing Rocky in the stands, but I don't think you can even nearly compare our 1 min. sample of grade 2 music to what drum corps put on the field. The comparisons end at the song name.

My 'questionable' shows, which are shows I may like but seem uncharacteristic, are:

SCV '03-good show just seemed very mellow and lower key than their past shows, and 04.

BD '05-welp, guess they had to get the narration out of the way early? (not counting this years recording)

Crown '02-Okay, I lied, really didn't like this show. While it looked like Crown was on the rise after '01, this show practically forced them to rise afterwards!

Cascades '05-Really have no clue why the narration was scripted that way, completely awkward.

Madison '07-just forgettable, which at least I can remember something about '09 even if it is the guard costumes.

Glassmen '03-If this show didn't happen maybe they would still be in the mid top 12?

Phantom '98-Pines of Rome wouldn't be on the field for awhile after this

Surf 2010 - Something about arranging America the Beautiful for the field seems off (and disrespectful) to me...

It is not the National Anthem, so it is entirely appropriate...I thought they did a great job.

Back in the era of the color presentation, "America the Beautiful" was done many times by the great Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned more Crossmen shows... 2006... the radio section

I actually loved that show.

Oh man, I have to add...

1995 Crossmen - School for Scandal. Really? Bones?

I can remember thinking "what the Heck?" Definitely not in their wheel house as far as music genre. But it was cool to see all those bass drums on the field in the closer (10 if I remember correctly).

Edited by ibexpercussion

Fanfare for the new. 87 BD. the rest of that show totally rocked. They just weren't feeling the opener at all! That drumline smoked everyone for the next 20 years! worthy.gif

LOL I loved that opener!

78 Cavies - All Disco show, but I loved the cadet corps that year.

78 Cavies - All Disco show, but I loved the cadet corps that year.

Now you cant knock on the SUPER SOUNDS of the SEVENTIES... :music:

• Like 1