The lot vs. the stadium

I got up close with BAC in the Meadowlands lot the week before Indy.

Amazing as it was I made sure I got to my seat in time to see Cadets2 on the field. However, if I had known about the rain delay I might of hung around the lot for longer.

A school I am associated with is going to expand our music program next year and it will include a band (elementary level). East Coast Classic is about five minutes away and the school will be buying a block of tickets. I'm hoping they'll not only see the show, but BAC up close.

Good for your school... E X P A N D I N G the music program. Now there is a verb you don't often see placed anywhere near the words 'school or music'. I work in a district that just cut half of the music programs and teachers. I have to wonder how continuing cuts to music will affect drum corps. Some of the best marching band programs in my state have been hammered this year.

I love the park and lot warm ups... especially the dueling brasslines. If setting up an obtrusive souvie table near the corps would help the corps financially in any way, I'm all for it.

A school I am associated with is going to expand our music program next year and it will include a band (elementary level). East Coast Classic is about five minutes away and the school will be buying a block of tickets. I'm hoping they'll not only see the show, but BAC up close.

Good for your school... E X P A N D I N G the music program. Now there is a verb you don't often see placed anywhere near the words 'school or music'. I work in a district that just cut half of the music programs and teachers. I have to wonder how continuing cuts to music will affect drum corps. Some of the best marching band programs in my state have been hammered this year.

I love the park and lot warm ups... especially the dueling brasslines. If setting up a souvie table near the corps would help the corps financially in any way, I'm all for it.

Edited by luv4corps

Personally, I'd be embarrassed for the Blue Knights if they set up a souvie stand here...

Ditto.

And on a related yet separate note, I think drum corps fans who come to the lot without buying a show ticket are stealing. The corps need your support to make it to the next lot. If you like it, pay. (I'm referring to fans here, not locals who find themselves there by circumstance.)

HH

PS: If you marched Star back in the day and got dressed down in a bar last year after semis for scamming the lot without a ticket, yes, it's me.

Ditto.

And on a related yet separate note, I think drum corps fans who come to the lot without buying a show ticket are stealing. The corps need your support to make it to the next lot. If you like it, pay. (I'm referring to fans here, not locals who find themselves there by circumstance.)

HH

PS: If you marched Star back in the day and got dressed down in a bar last year after semis for scamming the lot without a ticket, yes, it's me.

:blink:

What if you made to Indy on Friday, and your trip budget only covered Finals and travel. Are you allowed visit the lot Friday night without being arrested for theft? I'm interested in all of the different scenarios on what is theft of drum corps, and what is not theft of drum corps. It would be good to have it documented and avoid "dress downs" in the local pubs and eateries, not to mention legal duress.

Edited by mingusmonk

But it would be a great spot for a lemonade stand.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed for the Blue Knights if they set up a souvie stand here.

391399_10151125355362089_799620521_n.jpg

And the thought of charging these folks admission would be downright insulting.

But it would be a great spot for a lemonade stand.

That is where you put the beer stand I was talking about. Peanuts and Cold Beer.

This could work really well for Indy!

For finals weekend I like to relax and enjoy the city on quarters night, catch lots semifinals night, and attend finals on finals night.

It would be great if I could buy all my souvies at lots, that way I dont have to worry about a bag when at the stadium and I could also wear my new gear to the stadium rather than having to change into it after I buy it. Plus... the lines would be shorter!

Since corps dont use their souvie trailers at finals...they could probably stock them up a little and have them parked by the warm ups park! There is a side street on the west side that doesnt get much, if any traffic...perfect spot.

Side note... Use googles satellite image and zoom in on Military Park...there are a few corps warming up!

This could work really well for Indy!

For finals weekend I like to relax and enjoy the city on quarters night, catch lots semifinals night, and attend finals on finals night.

It would be great if I could buy all my souvies at lots, that way I dont have to worry about a bag when at the stadium and I could also wear my new gear to the stadium rather than having to change into it after I buy it.

Plus, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm fairly certain your receipts could be used as evidence at your trial for drum corps theft. Not sure if the charges would be dropped, since you didn't attend the semis show. But i would like to think they would reduce the charges to conspiracy to commit drum corps theft.