Field Judges

the judging criteria. You'd need whole new sheets and a scoring system because it would change for one show.

the rules is the same thing

and...guess what? Finals judging on the field is grading that students know the material.

Yeah, if we're equating judging with education, it's kind of like the final exam for the semester.

I hate to beat a dead point, but as I read some of the comments here, I think I am making a point nobody understands.

I do NOT think we should ELIMINATE the field judge. I am voting for having the judge patrol the sidelines instead of being in the middle of the field where he could get run over by the athletes.

The judging criteria would not change that much, just the basic placement of the judges. (Kevin Powell)
Thank you Kevin. Once again, someone has said what I think but put it better than I ever could. (comment edited in)

Agree? Disagree?

I still don't think anybody's mind will be changed by my common sense argument. Opinions on this are based on feelings and false defenses of "tradition."

Edited by wvu80

Agree? Disagree?

I still don't think anybody's mind will be changed by my common sense argument. Opinions on this are based on feelings and false defenses of "tradition."

Now that is one way to invite dialog.

I still don't think anybody's mind will be changed by my common sense argument. Opinions on this are based on feelings and false defenses of "tradition." (wvu80)

Now that is one way to invite dialog.

LOL! With your quick wit and unerring sense of sarcasm, you have made my point! :thumbup:

There is really only one way to settle this; I need to start my own drum corps, get a seat on the DCI council, propose a rule change, and because this is America, we vote on this, and the majority rules! :cool:

Edited by wvu80

I hate to beat a dead point, but as I read some of the comments here, I think I am making a point nobody understands.

I do NOT think we should ELIMINATE the field judge. I am voting for having the judge patrol the sidelines instead of being in the middle of the field where he could get run over by the athletes.

Thank you Kevin. Once again, someone has said what I think but put it better than I ever could. (comment edited in)

Agree? Disagree?

they convinced me that I was wrong and would have to reinvent the wheel if the judges were not on the field for a just a couple of shows.

I really didnt want to argue it anymore. I do have a 20 year old lip scar from a field judge (and i can blame that judge) so I could argue that point. Playing lead sop with a busted lip never heals during tour... just sayin...

Agree? Disagree?

Brass judges use the track more than you'd think. The problem is that the speaker stacks remove some of the places they can go and safely listen. It's tricky to find the safe and also good listening zones.

Brass judges use the track more than you'd think. The problem is that the speaker stacks remove some of the places they can go and safely listen. It's tricky to find the safe and also good listening zones.

now this sounds like a great reason to get rid of speakers.