How many years

...not to mention the uncertainty of weather.

Dome?? Do I hear dome??? :):)

• Like 2

Actually, the only issue I ever had with Rochester was the depth of the bottom row of stands. Didn't make it looked like it was full when in fact there was a lot of people in place, and the neighborhood.

Other than that, beside the ride home on Labor Day, the stadium seemed great to the performer.

The fact that I made a joke that in 6 years, the place had 4 different names you are going to assume that I hated my time there? 2 of the 3 greatest performances in my life were performed in that stadium, and I will always remember it.

And since I was telling my experience with Annapolis, yes. It was all about me because I'm not qualified to talk about other people's experiences.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 1

Other than that, beside the ride home on Labor Day...

I know.. selfish but.... :worthy:

Just wierd getting home before 1PM and having time to start unpacking and laundry duty.

Just how many "I DON'T MISS HUMMELS WHARF" comments did I make... :ph34r:

""

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 2

So basically you started this attack on people who hate Rochester, with no one actually saying they hate Rochester?

• Like 1

Las Vegas

Bay Area (Northern California)

Who wants to work on a bid with me?

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand why we are obliged to sing the praises of Rochester and the stadium. If we did not like it or had a negative experience there why should we say otherwise?

• Like 4

Las Vegas

Bay Area (Northern California)

Who wants to work on a bid with me?

Vegas is an intriguing idea: relatively inexpensive and plentiful flights from pretty much anywhere, inexpensive hotels (off Strip) and an NCAA D1 football stadium. You'd probably get someone there to do sponsorship as well. And would having championships there potentially help toward having more Western corps?

There are a few drawbacks: It's a much more expensive proposition for just about anyone that doesn't have Renegades in their name, probably breakeven for MBI. It tends to be hot in Vegas that time of year but maybe no worse than Annapolis. And will the DCA fanbase, primarily East Coast folks, make the trip?

Edited by Phillygwm

That's cool.

If Rochester gets to choose between 14,000 (at premium prices) for Women's Soccer and a national tv audience or half that for DCA and its group of whiny, DCP malcontents, I'd suggest DCA has the uphill climb, not Rochester, NY.

You said, "they need to find a real stadium (your exact words) if they expect to compete with Annapolis". Apparently it's good enough for a World Class International event, just not DCA. Not ONE person interviewed for the soccer game had anything but accolades and appreciation. Twice as many happy customers? It seems as if it worked out.

News flash: its a great stadium for DCA. Clean, sharp, good concessions, big concourse, plenty of good seats ... do they build DCA-type stadiums in good neighborhoods somewhere? Yay...Brown St and Lyell Ave aint great. Anyone get mugged? Its 2 blocks from downtown and a mile(!) to the cool coffee shop district.

I dont need a lesson in stadium amenities to recognize insensitivity.

JUST BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE "RIGHT" DOESNT MEAN ITS NICE TO SAY IT.

"Hey, honey...you look fat in that dress" might be RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Just not right to say it, especially if she is putting her best foot forward to look pretty for YOU.

And, having read Kyle's 2nd post, If I misunderstood, I offer my apology.

Regardless, its obvious by all the minuses that Rhino Stadium is not the place for the DCP/DCA crowd to be anything but disappointed in. Send a letter to Gil telling him so, that way he and the committee can eliminate it from consideration. But dont stop with just the complaint part: let him know what you WOULD be "happy" with, too. That way he can set out to please you....as if that isnt the point of the whole thing already.

Edited by dustyboo