2012 DCA Alumni Spectacular

They call it " Spectacular " and it was. Great job by all the Guys and Gals from these Corps. I really enjoyed it. Hats off to all of them ! What a treat!

I got a red mark for this comment above ? Glory Be !... ( lol! )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

And that's it for the 2012 Alumni Spectacular! We'll be back this evening for the last drum corps event of the 2012 North American drum corps season.

Thanks for the coverage!!!

Had to babysit our grand daughter for a while so I wasn't keeping up on it all. Sounds like it was a great show from everyone. Optimist and Scout House - as always, you do it up right and make Canada proud!

Kevin and crew - thank you again. Fantastic job! :worthy:

Edited by Grandpa

Kevin,

Your descriptions of the Cabs truly does justice to their performance. I read this entire thread of the show AFTER enjoying it on FanNetwork. Just as you did last night, you were our eyes and ears on the field. However, unlike last night and this morning, tonight we will have to rely on you for all our sensory tidbits, and I'm more than satisfied with that. Thanks for all you do !

One last thing..... is it just me or is this the best Cabs alumni corps EVER? Their percussion feature was over the top.

Wait a minute, I just finished watching them for the fourth time and THIS time they were even better than the first three ! George Hayek showed more energy today than he did in the 1946 corps !

Joe Dz

Kevin,

Your descriptions of the Cabs truly does justice to their performance. I read this entire thread of the show AFTER enjoying it on FanNetwork. Just as you did last night, you were our eyes and ears on the field. However, unlike last night and this morning, tonight we will have to rely on you for all our sensory tidbits, and I'm more than satisfied with that. Thanks for all you do !

One last thing..... is it just me or is this the best Cabs alumni corps EVER? Their percussion feature was over the top.

Wait a minute, I just finished watching them for the fourth time and THIS time they were even better than the first three ! George Hayek showed more energy today than he did in the 1946 corps !

Joe Dz

Cabs Alumni were definitely on fire today. My mind was blown repeatedly by their performance.

Guard now switching to neon yellow flags. One guard member is up front doing a solo routine while the rest spread out in back. Excellent soprano solo to start The Prayer.

That soloist is George Headley.....one amazing horn player!

Great job George!!!

• Like 3

Cabs Alumni were definitely on fire today. My mind was blown repeatedly by their performance.

Drumline from the Cabs Alumni was terrific today as well I thought.

Kevin, and Brent,

Thanks for providing the play by play. The Bridgemen always(as I'm sure do many others) look forward to your narrative.

RCC

Thanks Kevin and Brent, after Finals a bunch of Lancers were taking it easy at the hotel and reading your posts. Glad to hear that the show came across and was appreciated. We try to have a varied program, so thanks very much from a FIRST time performer at the Alumni Spectacular.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Very true. I suppose the horn could be in C, in which case the transposition is a little trickier. I'd suspect he'd just rewrite the parts. A C horn in a line of G bugles would be an intonation nightmare too. Props to the guy if that's why he's doing!

That is our music arranger Gary Dicklemen. He writes in both keys and is helping us in the line as we lost quite a few of lower bass players.