The Bushwackers need your assistance

And I for one am hoping that not only do the Bushwackers receive all the help they can get and continue to be able to operate, but that Dave Kapp, a man I've revered since meeting him in 2006, is able to recover the collective balance left on the loan.

Will definitely try to send some $ their way.

• Like 7

Back to hibernation for you! LOL

Facts? What facts? Pages upon pages on DCP ripping DCI and corps like BD?

Yeah, makes me want to support the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

It's the attitudes of many drum corps alumni, which has led me to not participate in senior corps since I age out over 10 years ago, and will continue to make me want to stay out of that level.

• Like 1

If I were you, I wouldn't count on that. I also notice that you decided to only talk about 1 portion of what I said and left off the other half of how supporting the Bushwackers would make the creditor less in the red since the moneys collected would ultimately go to him.

You could have been the saving grace of a DCI corps and in the WDHOF and I'd still stand behind my statement.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 3

And before Stu makes his next post about how all the reasons he won't donate which take the post into further off topic and how we really could care less about his opinion... Have you donated????

In Stu's world, the world revolves around him, and for some reason we should spend so much time on only 1 persons opinion rather than everyone out there and their generosity to help a struggling historic DCA corps.

I encourage anyone to just ignore him.

Some facts about the Bushwackers:

The first show they ever won was in 1986. It was the DCA World Championship.

They won in 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993.

1993 was an undefeated season.

From 1986 until 1991, the Drumline never lost a show.

Their 1992 Prelims performance is highly regarded as one of the best performances by a DCA Corps ever.

Up until last year, had performed in every DCA Championship, including their first season in 1982.

• Like 8

If I were you, I wouldn't count on that. I also notice that you decided to only talk about 1 portion of what I said and left off the other half of how supporting the Bushwackers would make the creditor less in the red since the moneys collected would ultimately go to him.

You could have been the saving grace of a DCI corps and in the WDHOF and I'd still stand behind my statement.

Here is the saving Grace:

Support David Kapp; Yes.

Support any corps which is ran as a viable, solid, business that will not go into the red; Yes

Support Bushwhackers (under a different management staff that will run it in the black); Yes.

Support Bushwhackers (under the current management staff who ran it into the red ground); No.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

In Stu's world, the world revolves around him...

In Stu's world, the world revolves around solid business practices; and the quicker people in the drum corps activity catch on to that the more corps we will have prospering and the less we will have in debt and folding.

• Like 5

In Stu's world, the world revolves around solid business practices; and the quicker people in the drum corps activity catch on to that the more corps we will have prospering and the less we will have in debt and folding.

You are right.

This is nothing more than a bail-out. And that's fine. However, considering that the folks in charge are not paying their bills, does it make sense to send additional funds to them? The corps obviously needs new leadership. I'm sure the people running the corps now are fine human beings...but the facts speak for themselves. Not everyone is cut out to run a drum corps.

I would feel much better about the future of this organization if there were people in charge who have a history of fiscal responsibility.

• Like 2

Some facts about the Bushwackers:

The first show they ever won was in 1986. It was the DCA World Championship.

They won in 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993.

1993 was an undefeated season.

From 1986 until 1991, the Drumline never lost a show.

Their 1992 Prelims performance is highly regarded as one of the best performances by a DCA Corps ever.

Up until last year, had performed in every DCA Championship, including their first season in 1982.

And none of that, none, zero, ziltch, nada, means anything at all to a creditor/investor.

• Like 2

And none of that, none, zero, ziltch, nada, means anything at all to a creditor/investor.

Can anyone tell me which banks and or loaning institutions this was pointed at here?