The Bushwackers need your assistance

The Bushwackers underwent a huge management change not too long ago. I would have to agree with Jeff that the fault is probably on the previous administration. I will be taking this matter to my corps' next board meeting shortly and seeing what we can contribute to help out. Probably not much but any little bit will help.

• Like 1

The Bushwackers underwent a huge management change not too long ago. I would have to agree with Jeff that the fault is probably on the previous administration.

Even 'if' that were the case; paying the creditor should have been first and foremost instead of taking the corps to DCA Championships. I mean it is like a dad who takes the family to Disney World then appeals to others for money because his car is being repossessed for not making the car loan payments.

• Like 1

Even 'if' that were the case; paying the creditor should have been first and foremost instead of taking the corps to DCA Championships. I mean it is like a dad who takes the family to Disney World then appeals to others for money because his car is being repossessed for not making the car loan payments.

Even if taking the corps to DCA didn't cost the corps any money?

• Like 2

Now, on the other hand, if these funds were lost by old management and a NEW Board is trying to fix the problem that might change the likely-hood of receiving donations.

I would be with you on this 'if' the new corps management had not gone to DCA Championships until all previous debts were settled.

What 'obligation' does a creditor have to work with a debtor who has defaulted on a loan? Creditors repo autos on defaulted loans everyday; creditors acquire items put up as collateral on defaulted business loans every day; I fail to see why the attack is on the creditor (unless, of course, there is proof that the creditor in question is shady).

Well, let's look at it this way. if it's an individual, and not a company, maybe just maybe working with them will get you your money in a way that makes all happy.

Look, I've only heard bits and pieces of the behind the scenes drama. Not sure who and or what I choose to believe. But I also know you can't get blood from a stone, and if Bush's equipment gets sold off at discount prices...well....duh...you may not get everything back, but just some.

So, then I'd work a deal.

My personal hunch is because of eht rumored personal issues, there is fault on many levels to go around in many directions, and it has even bled over to have another corps wrongly blamed for this judgement.

• Like 1

Even if taking the corps to DCA didn't cost the corps any money?

Yep; this is a business; the funds should have gone towards the debt before they got to play horns and drums in fa la la land.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

hey Stu...lemme splain something to you about how DCA works.

the members paid their way to DCA. By going, the corps actually GETS money they can use to pay bills.

imagine that. It's not like they took the corps on the road DCI style. Few DCA corps prepare food for the members, they're on their own to get it. the members paid for housing in the hotels. So it's not like Bush broke the bank making the drive, and in fact, because of how DCA weekend is set up, will probably make money on the deal.

then...gasp...they can pay bills with that money.

• Like 8

Well, let's look at it this way. if it's an individual, and not a company, maybe just maybe working with them will get you your money in a way that makes all happy.

Look, I've only heard bits and pieces of the behind the scenes drama. Not sure who and or what I choose to believe. But I also know you can't get blood from a stone, and if Bush's equipment gets sold off at discount prices...well....duh...you may not get everything back, but just some.

So, then I'd work a deal.

My personal hunch is because of eht rumored personal issues, there is fault on many levels to go around in many directions, and it has even bled over to have another corps wrongly blamed for this judgement.

This is what putting up collateral is all about; and if the reaper cannot be paid in money then the reaper gets control of the collateral. Again, show me where the creditor is a shady dealer and I will back off of this; but until then a business which defaults on a loan must pay the reaper.

• Like 1

Yep; this is a business; the funds should have gone towards the debt before they got to play horns and drums in fa la la land.

So the $0 that the corps put into going to DCA should have gone into the bills... :blink:

Oh yeah, back On Topic: Bush is having problems please make up your own mind on what is going on and act accordingly.

• Like 2