Renegades to Europe in 2013

Sorry Jim, I think you buried the lead. This is the the statement after 20 pages that is the head scratcher.

I'll declare a tie the more I think about it. :cool:

As for the second sentence, It's unfortunate that things were allegedly stolen. I'm sure you would have had sympathetic ear with the hotel, but you gave up your leg to stand on by whatever occured.

Used to do a lot of traveling and had this twice with hotels. First step is the manager on duty, then head manager which might be a day or so until they show up, then someone up the line with the hotel chain if not getting results. If you get the brush off, you can say screw it, call the cops and have them fill out the stolen property reports in the lobby right by the main desk. I never had to call the cops but had a co-worker do it when the manager couldn't be bothered.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Or maybe, it's no one's business as to what exactly happened, except for Renegades and DCA. Why exactly does anyone really need to know the details?

Why does anyone need to know why Ohio State and Penn State are on probation? Why does anyone need to know why SMU got the death penalty? Why does anyone need to know why USC was probation last year? Why was Oklahoma on probation back in the 70s? Why does anyone need to know why the Saints were dealt with this year?

Answer--so people will think twice about attempting the same stunts that got the others in trouble.

• Like 1

This is the first I have heard of this. WTF?

I think it's one of those things that everyone knows but no one is talking about. I heard it from multiple sources from many corps last year.

Whatever the hotel rules were YOU FOLLOW THEM. Justifying it by stating that strict rules and the corps in question was a recipe for disaster is pretty telling of the overall attitude.

Lastly, to claim that this would've occurred with any other corps and that hotel is pretty weak.

You know how I knew of how absurd the rules were? AFTER the fact. I am the type that stays out of trouble as best as I can.. and as such, rather preferred to come back to the hotel and relax in a quiet environment after practice or a performance.

So yeah.. knowing very well of our corps tendencies as well as the general attitude of the organization and other corps.. I dare to say it would've happened to another corps that stayed there. Calling my statement weak is an allegation that I am ignorant of the factors that were involved.. which is quite the contrary.

But you know.. it's the Renegades.. it's OK for us to be thrown under a bus... someone needs to be made an example of.

• Like 2

And.. as one of the majority of the members who really had no idea what was going on.. nor one that was involved in actions that could've caused complaints.. I don't think asking for an apology is exactly the thing that should concern the rest of the organization.

In the end.. out of everything that happened.. and what we can learn from this... is the fact there was a massive disconnect in communications for everyone involved. Can we learn from it? That's ultimately the question.. and I personally feel all sides could've handled it better. It's unfair to those who were not apart.. nor even knowledgeable about what happened.

• Like 2

"Rock Star actions."

Lots of "Rock Stars" have set up "party rooms" in which there is a buffet of illicit products available. And lots of hotel employees have discovered the activities and have even taken pictures of the messes as proof. This happens a lot.

Just sayin'.

• Like 3

I dare to say it would've happened to another corps that stayed there. Calling my statement weak is an allegation that I am ignorant of the factors that were involved.. which is quite the contrary.

Well, that's a hasty generalization. You have no idea what would have happened with another corps. Your argument is ridiculous.

But you know.. it's the Renegades.. it's OK for us to be thrown under a bus... someone needs to be made an example of.

I said it before and I'll say it again. A little more humility and a little less "chaos" and "evil" and your corps might not be in this position.

• Like 7

Well, that's a hasty generalization. You have no idea what would have happened with another corps. Your argument is ridiculous.

I said it before and I'll say it again. A little more humility and a little less "chaos" and "evil" and your corps might not be in this position.

for the win

• Like 4

This being Empire's last year on the field.

• Like 1