Renegades to Europe in 2013

Yep and for the record Boys of 76 from Racine were DCA top 10 in 1970 IIRC. MBI and Chicago Connection were consistent 11-13th place in the late 70s. And DCA tried a western swing weekend with a show in Canton, OH Sat night and Erie Sunday PM. Know ChiConn was at one of the shows at least and also Ohio Brass Fctory (Alliance, OH). Point was DCA was trying to open up a market west of PA 30+ years ago. And corps at those Hell drive weekends included Buccs and Westshore along with "closer" Crusaders and Thunderbirds.

And it was not a happy thing to bring up at the time that the southern border of DCA was NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line....

over the years corps have travelled to the "outpost" here in Erie,.........corps included: Skyliners, Bushwackers, Matadors, MBI, Boys of 76, Chicago Connection, Brass Factory,............corps like Buccs, White Roses, and Westshore were more like regulars,..............but don't forget, we had a DCA/RCA west group of corps that were the neighborhood corps filling up shows, tho most are gone, including: Rockets, Diplomats, Kingsmen, Crusaders, Statesmen, Brigadiers, Patriots, Phoenix, and many more corps throughout the area,..........

Edited by Gary Matczak

How long is this topic going to be beaten to death. There are rules, they were broken, the group that broke the rule was punished, MOVE ON!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I have nothing more to say. I have been suifficiently "chastised and educated" privately for expressing my views.

oh well. Sucks when it turns out I'll be right

• Like 2

over the years corps have travelled to the "outpost" here in Erie,.........corps included: Skyliners, Bushwackers, Matadors, MBI, Boys of 76, Chicago Connection, Brass Factory,............corps like Buccs, White Roses, and Westshore were more like regulars,..............but don't forget, we had a DCA/RCA west group of corps that were the neighborhood corps filling up shows, tho most are gone, including: Rockets, Diplomats, Kingsmen, Crusaders, Statesmen, Brigadiers, Patriots, Phoenix, and many more corps throughout the area,..........

LOL, was in only 1 RCA and 1 ICA Championship during my time. Both at Erie in that place that looks like prison from the inside (that #### castle type thingee past the end zone). Don't forget Guelph Royalaires in that (kind of) local group as they were also at both of my champs appearances.

• 1 month later...

This is pure speculation on my behalf but it sounds like somebody ratted on them. It doesn't matter what happened, you don't rat.

Rather than being ratted on, its probably more about being ratted out.

Its obvious Renegades are not going to give a full accounting of what happened to warrant a suspension. What happened was more of an internal blunder by a board president who felt he was negotiating a settlement without the consent of the rest of the board. Thus, the deal was cut and damage control ensued.

The Renegades will survive this, it may be a blessing in disguise for them. Be that as it may, directional changes are in order for them, if they want to continue competing in DCA.

• Like 3

So since DCA will NOT be in Anapolis and DCA will not get their contract cancelled by having the Renegades at DCA Championships... Can they come to DCA this year now?

Just a question... My marching days are over... Just asking...