2013 Predictions

Which reminds me to ask: how are the corps' classes determined?

Size, tho' if under 65 members, they can declare Open Class.

Thanks!

Apologize? Nah.

Sure, there's a chance they could make Class A Finals. Then again, the only time they have as their first year, when there were only three Class A corps (2003).

Look, I'm a fan of Shenandoah Sound. They bring an entertaining program to the field each and every year. But competitively successful? No, they are not. Given their competitive history, the chance of them building a Class A championship corps in 2013 is almost laughable. They have eight appearances at DCA Championships. They were dead last in five of them, and only beat one corps the other three. Not exactly competitive (3rd, 7th, 9th, 12th, 11th, 11th, 11th, 7th since 2003).

Sure, there's a remote chance they could build a solid administrative, educational, and membership foundation and make Class A Finals, but no one I know (including myself) would put any money on that, especially given the quality of Class A corps above them. But to claim they could win a Class A title? Absurd, unless there's a quantum shift in the organization, or several of the corps above them suddenly compete in a different circuit.

Again, I'm just being realistic. I'm a fan. But I'm sure I'll get red-voted anyway :)

Has anybody ever hit a target by aiming below it?

• Like 3

Shenendoah Sound was in fact VERY close to Cincinnati tradition, scoring just under them, in DCA Class A prelims. I'd call that competative. Now... about that "target" issue: Dick, did I ever tell you the story about my combat training (81150/AZR)at Lackland AFB? :blink: LOL!

• Like 2

There is actually a tactic called skip firing but I think that is a topic for another discussion. :):):)

Shenendoah Sound was in fact VERY close to Cincinnati tradition, scoring just under them, in DCA Class A prelims. I'd call that competative. Now... about that "target" issue: Dick, did I ever tell you the story about my combat training (81150/AZR)at Lackland AFB? :blink: LOL!

Your scaring me Hairbear! :shutup: Between that big Kilties sword you carry around at Finals and this Lackland combat training you speak of I better tone it down. Nah! Never happen! :w00t:

My prediction, check that, my wish for the upcoming season is that the corps are working hard to find lots of new members and doing what they can to hang on to their vets. Lets face it, the more people on the field, the more people in the seats. This, along with keeping with the recent trend of fan-friendly shows will help sustain and even grow DCA in the near future.

• Like 5

My prediction, check that, my wish for the upcoming season is that the corps are working hard to find lots of new members and doing what they can to hang on to their vets. Lets face it, the more people on the field, the more people in the seats. This, along with keeping with the recent trend of fan-friendly shows will help sustain and even grow DCA in the near future.

Now this is a comment I can hang my hat on!

ACTUALLY: If your ever firing at a target downhill from you, it is essential to aim below it if you want any chance of hitting said target! (the parabolic path of the projectile will cause it to rise into the target)

• 6 months later...

I'm curious to see if anyone's thoughts have changed since the fall. Ultimately, Jeff is the champion, with his amazing success rate using his fool-proof formula ("Whoever scores highest..."), but shows are still over a month away and I'm out of things to post about this winter without hyping CV way more than anyone cares to read (until you get to see what the all the noise is about w00t.gif). Really, I'm just looking for something new to read on lunch breaks at work. music.gif