Spirit of Atlanta announces 2013 show

Al Capone's stash from booze and gambling ?

I watched that live.

Thanks for reminding me. :wall:

Could not be more psyched about this poster and what this show could be. Please take your typical jazz throw down moments and take them over the top, keep the cool drill moves coming, and get the guard all looking like Lady Luck...Thanks a billion.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be along the same vein as the last couple years. Can't wait! If they can have a chart that matches Luck Be A Lady from this year, I'm set.

Take it to the next level, that's all we can ask from them. IMO one of the most improved Drum Corps over the last few years.

This sounds quite perfect for them. If you look at the other corps that share their recent journey back

into finals you will see that most get in and then change directions much too soon. I am psyched that they

seem to be trying to be a modern version of their old selves and that they have shown improvement in talent,

show design, and performance. Their marching was way improved this year! For the few posters that say this show

comes across as related to the past two years, it all makes perfect sense to me. I can shut my eyes and know I am hearing Devils,

PR, Cadets. I could also turn the sound off and see those same corps out of uniform and easily identify each. Stick to your guns SOA.

If I were to give em any advice, take your strong points and max them out. You are getting the sound back and the guard

image is sooooo sexy SOA to me. Love the beats. Bring the brass volume and the attitude and you will continue to go places and gain fans.

I have enjoyed the #### out of the last two years' shows.

• Like 1

As a staff alum from the late 80s, and as the husband of a 1980 - '81 guard member, I could not be more excited for them. Really enjoyed last year's show. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year. I know they had a crazy good audition weekend (350+). That has to bode well for them this summer.

At almost 50, I am still wearing my deltas for you guys!

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I watched that live.

Thanks for reminding me. :wall:

C'mon Heraldo was hilarious.... without realizing it..... :devil:

Still remember just before the blast Heraldo telling people that this should be done by the experts. Then Heraldo started yelling "Fire In the Hole" like he was fully trained. :tongue:

On topic: good luck Spirit always loved that hornline....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1