2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

I also find it funny that the people complaining about the weather in Annapolis (which was not the norm) think that Rochester is so wonderful. That hurricane that blew through with temperatures in the high 30's/low 40's was only 6 years ago. Also not normal for the area. But that was perfectly okay right? I think a whole lot more people stayed to sweat it out in the stands for prelims this year than they did for prelims in 2006. But yet Annapolis is now looked at as such a failure? :unsure:/>

I seem to recall at least one person who complained about the weather in 2006 but everyone here jumped on him like a pack of wolves on a caribou...I hear he doesn't even cast a shadow anymore... :whistle:/>

There was a DCI show there run by YEA a few years ago.

I remember reading that and thinking good ####### luck.... Seriously I was hoping it would come off but thinking YEA was taking a chance.

Weird part was after the DCA/DCI show was cancelled there was a DCA show at my old HS run by the same group that sponsored the Hershey show. Stadium had been redone since my days and first time I'd been in it since. End result was a nice crowd but a crappy site and embarressing compared to Hershey. Pretty sure it was July 2006 and last DCA show held in Harrisburg area unless I missed something.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not thrilled about going back up there myself, but I won't trash the place. Honestly, their food options blew Annapolis away

Some of the best stadium food ever at the Rochester venue, no question. :thumbup:

Thinking about this more, I think the amplification rule stopped a bit short. I would like to have seen a provision for amplification of the drum major's voice (and only the drum major). There were some very cool spots where DM's interacted with the crowd last year (Fusion and Govies in particular) where you couldn't hear squat past the first few rows.

It would have been nice for that single exception to be made, and would have fit in really well with DCA's unique drum majors.

I agree.... good idea for DCA.

I agree.... good idea for DCA.

Yeah.. let's give John M a break...... :worthy:

Lot of times people have been talking thru his intro of the corps. :thumbdown:

I seem to recall at least one person who complained about the weather in 2006 but everyone here jumped on him like a pack of wolves on a caribou...I hear he doesn't even cast a shadow anymore... :whistle:/>/>

Well played...

I'd probably be willing to bet that really Rochester was the only real bid that was submitted, or at least the most complete. Which of course leads me to say all the complaining about Rochester is for naught because probably they are the only ones who actively want us and our business. Which is obviously great that a city wants us to always keep coming back but what happens when that stops and we are left with no where to go. Scary....but probably closer to being a reality than I'd like to admit.

The announcement said they received many bids. I would be interested to know what other cities put in a bid.

Thinking about this more, I think the amplification rule stopped a bit short. I would like to have seen a provision for amplification of the drum major's voice (and only the drum major). There were some very cool spots where DM's interacted with the crowd last year (Fusion and Govies in particular) where you couldn't hear squat past the first few rows.

It would have been nice for that single exception to be made, and would have fit in really well with DCA's unique drum majors.

It might be good for 2 or 3 DM's, but if you open that gate..that'll be the opening our friends in Allentown will exploit to bring all the other 'stuff' associated with voice.. :thumbdown:

Some of the best stadium food ever at the Rochester venue, no question. :thumbup:/>

Fran, that's because you can't get Orsier's Roast Beef sammiches in Baltimore.. :tongue:

Pat

July 9, 2007

ah. Must not have gone well then.