2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

I remember reading that and thinking good ####### luck.... Seriously I was hoping it would come off but thinking YEA was taking a chance.

Weird part was after the DCA/DCI show was cancelled there was a DCA show at my old HS run by the same group that sponsored the Hershey show. Stadium had been redone since my days and first time I'd been in it since. End result was a nice crowd but a crappy site and embarressing compared to Hershey. Pretty sure it was July 2006 and last DCA show held in Harrisburg area unless I missed something.....

the 06 show was the last outdoor show run by Five Star. YEA did run a show in 07 as Kyle pointed out, and that's the last one. First one CorpsReps has listed was in 1959, but I'm pretty sure some happened before then. I know CorpsReps is missing some years

the 06 show was the last outdoor show run by Five Star. YEA did run a show in 07 as Kyle pointed out, and that's the last one. First one CorpsReps has listed was in 1959, but I'm pretty sure some happened before then. I know CorpsReps is missing some years

From Rons site and found almost the same info in a Lancer history booklet.

2nd Annual Eastern States Championship

July 16, 1949

Hershey, Pennsylvania

1 Archer-Epler Musketeers 90.35

2 Reilly Raiders 90.10

3 Jersey Joes 90.05

4 Yankee Rebels 88.65

5 Imhoff Post Cadets 82.30

6 Highlanders 78.60

7 Olney Post 77.35

8 Harold Blair Post 75.06

(Lancer book says Bair Post which would be Hanover)

9 Consolidated Edison 74.00

Anyways, not all worked up about amps. Knew it would happen, knew it would #### people off, and despite what some say, it will lead to other electronics coming in eventually.

Rochester...well....place has pros and cons. Kinda tired of it honestly, and not looking forward to the idea of taking a small child 5 hours in a car, but I have time to worry about that. have yet to miss DCAFinals in my lifetime, and not wanting the streak to end, but well, that choice could end the streak. IMO, if DCA were smart, the Fan Network would show prelims and finals, because people won't travel to either option, and it's lost revenue. But I have been aying thatabout DCI for years now and they still don't get it either

• Like 1

Thinking of Hershey Stadium..... build in the late 1930s and my biggest heartburn with the place is the lack of bathrooms and concessions. Well that and fighting Hershey Park crowd for the parking spaces. And parking at Hershey was IIRC $10 but might have gone up. Last time I was there was to see Springsteen a few years back with about 25,000 others. Lots and lots of jiffy johns and only handicapped seating was ONE tinkertoy platform that had folding chairs that I think people moved around to accomadate the wheelchairs. No idea how Heshey figurd out how many people would fit there but looked like a mess. We pushed a wheelchair and sat at the end of a row on the field (would NOT work for DCA).

Be an easy drive for me but pain in the butt in so many other ways.

Rochester...well....place has pros and cons. Kinda tired of it honestly, and not looking forward to the idea of taking a small child 5 hours in a car, but I have time to worry about that. have yet to miss DCAFinals in my lifetime, and not wanting the streak to end, but well, that choice could end the streak. IMO, if DCA were smart, the Fan Network would show prelims and finals, because people won't travel to either option, and it's lost revenue. But I have been aying thatabout DCI for years now and they still don't get it either

My thoughts exactly...except for the small child part. I've been to finals for about the last 10 years. Took 2011 off because I was tired of driving the 5-6 hours to Rochester. While I enjoyed the Rochester stadium, I found the area to be very difficult to navigate...and I was running out of things to do during non-drum corps times. Except for the possibility of an extended trip with a stop in the Finger Lakes on the way, I don't see us attending in 2014 or 2015. I loved Annapolis...wish we had gotten that again.

Rochester...well....place has pros and cons. Kinda tired of it honestly, and not looking forward to the idea of taking a small child 5 hours in a car, but I have time to worry about that.

This is where DCA needs electronics - for the kids riding in the car on their way there.

• Like 1

well matt if you drink beer that helps.

and hey, if you're into stronger stuf, just see if the sneakers are hanging on the wire by that small church next to the stadium

It might be good for 2 or 3 DM's, but if you open that gate..that'll be the opening our friends in Allentown will exploit to bring all the other 'stuff' associated with voice.. :thumbdown:/>

Well, it wouldn't because the rule doesn't allow it. But your insulting pot-shot at Cadets2 just makes you look like an ignorant toolbox. Who's to say Reading, or Empire, or Cabs won't be leading the charge when electronic instruments do become legal? I bet Statesmen in particular would jump at the chance to work that sort of thing into their program, and I have no doubt it would be done really effectively.

But your point of "Hop is evil, boo Cadets, blah blah" is really getting tired...

• Like 1

Well, it wouldn't because the rule doesn't allow it. But your insulting pot-shot at Cadets2 just makes you look like an ignorant toolbox. Who's to say Reading, or Empire, or Cabs won't be leading the charge when electronic instruments do become legal? I bet Statesmen in particular would jump at the chance to work that sort of thing into their program, and I have no doubt it would be done really effectively.

But your point of "Hop is evil, boo Cadets, blah blah" is really getting tired...

from what i heard david bruni tried to stop it. they voted on amps and synths he he didn't want it. so on this your wrong. he may love all the showy stuff but he dosen't like that direction.

• Like 1