2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

I have a question...

Since amps will be approved DCA equipment in 2014, does that mean that they will be allowed to be used in the mini-corps competition?

If it's in the same venue as 2011, amplification would be completely unnecessary. Doesn't answer the question, but I think amps would be overkill.

Yes, If you are trying to balance 1 or 2 keyboard instruments with 17-18 horns it's very helpful.

Besides, look at WGI. Once you move things inside the echo factor changes things.

Remember, a mini-corps is 21 performers plus a conductor.

So, a mini-corps could field five horns and 16 amped keyboards. :tongue:

blah blah blah blah.... complain some more while your at it.

The sooner most of you accept that the activity will forever evolive like EVERYTHING else in this world, the sooner we can spend time enjoying the activity instead of driving potential fans and performers away.

Sometimes you guys really make me sick to my stomach. Get over yourselves already. Just like a professional sports team, corps and hosting circuits will do what they feel necessary to keep the activity appealing to a wide range of fans and performers, not just a handful. Look at WGI, it's had changed greatly and people accept it and it's successful and will outlive DCI and DCA at this rate.

• Like 4

Yes, If you are trying to balance 1 or 2 keyboard instruments with 17-18 horns it's very helpful.

Besides, look at WGI. Once you move things inside the echo factor changes things.

I honestly didn't think about keyboards, strangely enough... I don't remember hearing any at Mini Corps in 2011. Amps could definitely change that. Great point.

Rather have people complain than not give a crap....

Not caring will kill things more than people expressing their opinion.....

The sooner most of you accept that the activity will forever evolive like EVERYTHING else in this world, the sooner we can spend time enjoying the activity instead of driving potential fans and performers away.

Sometimes you guys really make me sick to my stomach. Get over yourselves already. Just like a professional sports team, corps and hosting circuits will do what they feel necessary to keep the activity appealing to a wide range of fans and performers, not just a handful. Look at WGI, it's had changed greatly and people accept it and it's successful and will outlive DCI and DCA at this rate.

your post is disgusting. so you don't care about the people who don't like the way things are going? well guess what. you are losing them and if you don't care then fine. do your thing in front of empty little stadiums. i don't care. when they approved amps that was my line in the sand. and tough if you don't like what all of us have to say.

• Like 3

<snip>

<snip>

Yes....... look at the improvements in the NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, Tour de France, Olympics, and other evolutions that have so much "enhanced performances." More home runs, 65-yard field goals, full court shots, medals being recalled and forfeited, and now juicing the keyboards........ some day a keyboard player will go on Oprah and tearfully admit that she/he had a San Disc in the keyboard playing the notes......or a corps electrician admitting that he upped the voltage to 130 volts for adding oomph......... evolution? Only if properly controlled.

I AM NOT against change....drum corps is better today than at any other time in our history....and will be evn better in 2013.....just LET'S BE CAREFUL and PRUDENT.