2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

of course not silly,............otherwise he would actually have to take the heat,...........see post #33

You think that somehow CV is connected to Hopkins or working on his behalf? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I think you should put up or shut up. Produce something tangible to support this allegation.

• Like 2

What's all the complaining about, first DCI did no off the line, than DCA, then DCI did the pit, then DCA, then DCI did the banner line dancing, then DCA, then DCI did B flat horns, then DCA, now amplification of the pit so what's next, you want to know? Just watch DCI and soon DCA will follow. I sat behind a group of high school kids at DCA in Annapolis, and there main thing was Guard. Music was just to support the guard, it's coming and Drum Corps is going................ I will miss the great horn lines and drum solos, but there is still time. And thank God DCA got smart and is going somewhere where the fans can enjoy the I & E, have fun and not spend a million dollars to do so!!!!!! :cool:

which proves my point,..........

How does that prove your point? It does the exact opposite. Unless you have proof of some grand conspiracy theory that George Hopkins has corps directors' in his pocket? I think you are severely over-reaching here Gary. DCA directors are not sheep. They know what they are up against, not only from membership but also from the standpoint Jeff referenced earlier about the audience.

• Like 1

I sat behind a group of high school kids at DCA in Annapolis, and there main thing was Guard.

Were they guard people? Because we all tend to focus on the area we participate in. Read the reviews. Many people will start off by saying "I'm a horn player, so most of my comments will be about the hornline" or "I'm a drummer and I concentrate mostly on the drums", etc.

You think that somehow CV is connected to Hopkins or working on his behalf? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I think you should put up or shut up. Produce something tangible to support this allegation.

no,..........not solely CV,............ but if you think there was no collaborative effort to getting this done, you do not understand the political process in general,...........let me try and turn this around,.............do you think Hopkins not being present (as has been stated by others) for the passage of this proposal was a scheduling oversight on his part?

• Like 2

and I must be honest, with a small child, 2 weekends in Rachacha may see my streak of attending DCA since birth end.

True, I'm more upset with the championships being back in Rochester.

• Like 1

no,..........not solely CV,............ but if you think there was no collaborative effort to getting this done, you do not understand the political process in general,...........let me try and turn this around,.............do you think Hopkins not being present (as has been stated by others) for the passage of this proposal was a scheduling oversight on his part?

Hopkins was there but not for the vote, if I read correctly on FB. And he's not the Director with the vote. Rich Hammond is.

Soooo when Bush proposed it LONG before C2 even existed, was Hopkins behing that too? :unsure:

Starting to feel that we have an X-Files conspiracty going on here...Or maybe the vote occurred on the grassy knoll? :wink:

• Like 2

Me 3. (meaning when I told the kid he looked like he wanted to bang his head on the wall as well)

It was clear a year ago that we were headed back to Rochester.

Now it's official.